I have a small problem that sort of bothers me: My Blackberry Tour 9630 seems to start playing music at strange times. Not on a particular schedule or anything, but when I check the Media Player, it sometimes will say "Now Playing..." meaning something is playing. Now , I have the volume in media player turned all the way down, so if it decides to start playing at some point it doesn't make any noise...

But how can I turn this off and keep it off? What causes the Media Player to start playing automatically sometimes? I mainly use my phone for texting and phone calls, and often close down apps when done using them. I holster the device most of the time and keep the keypad locked unless I'm using it, but it still seems to like to play music automatically from time to time...

Suggestions?
    05-22-10 06:27 PM
    A battery pull should fix it temporarily.

If you have OS 5.0.0.591 (verizon official) you need to change OS' to prevent it permanently.

This is what the issue sounds like as far as I know anyway. It tends to adopt whatever sound was in the last MMS you received.

Here's how to change your OS (I like 5.0.0.419 for an official, or .643 if you don't mind a leaked OS):

Open desktop manager and make a backup of your bb (this won't back up your 3rd party apps, use BBSAK for that, plug that into the forum search if you're not familiar with it). Close Desktop Manager when you're done making your backups as you won't need it again until later.

Go to add/remove programs and uninstall all the OS's on the computer. (If you haven't ever installed an OS on the computer, this is unnecessary.) Download and install the OS you want to downgrade (or upgrade) to. After making your backups, go to c:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader and delete "vendor.xml" if the file you downloaded is for a different carrier than the one you're on. After making sure you have backed up your phone as mentioned above, I recommend wiping the phone (using jl_cmder, BBSAK, etc), prior to installing the new OS . In the same folder mentioned earlier, click "loader.exe".

When that finishes, your new OS should be loaded. You will have to restore your backups using DM and BBSAK manually if you wiped prior to installing the OS as recommended.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD