I got my Pre on June 17th, and I am started to miss my blackberry curve 8330 a little. I miss it because of the keyboard, ease of use, size, the fact it has a zoom on the camera, it records video and voice. It was a rock stable phone as far as the OS goes. How will the tour compare to the Pre? My pre has been pretty good I guess, it does have some OS issues and it seems to crash a little more than I like. The battery isnt much to speak of compared to my Curve which would last all day and then some, easily with out a charge. Things I like about the Pre are : Wifi, clarity of the screen, the browser, landscape view and the multitasking is nice, but not a deal breaker. I love being able to see websites in full view like you would on a computer, i saw a video on youtube showing the tours browser and it looked very nice. Do you think it would be a smart move to turn in my Pre before the 30 day return period is up, switching back to my Curve 8330 and waiting for the Tour? Please let me know your opinions, thanks
    06-28-09 11:51 PM
    lol you're definitely not going to get a non-bias opinion here, but if i were you i'd personally hold out for the tour, especially if you had a curve and are used to blackberries
    06-28-09 11:59 PM
    I got my Pre on June 17th, and I am started to miss my blackberry curve 8330 a little. I miss it because of the keyboard, ease of use, size, the fact it has a zoom on the camera, it records video and voice. It was a rock stable phone as far as the OS goes. How will the tour compare to the Pre? My pre has been pretty good I guess, it does have some OS issues and it seems to crash a little more than I like. The battery isnt much to speak of compared to my Curve which would last all day and then some, easily with out a charge. Things I like about the Pre are : Wifi, clarity of the screen, the browser, landscape view and the multitasking is nice, but not a deal breaker. I love being able to see websites in full view like you would on a computer, i saw a video on youtube showing the tours browser and it looked very nice. Do you think it would be a smart move to turn in my Pre before the 30 day return period is up, switching back to my Curve 8330 and waiting for the Tour? Please let me know your opinions, thanks
    You've already answered your own question. Get the Tour.

If you miss your Curve, you'll really like the new features of the Tour. Also, I followed the Pre from day one of the announcement. I had high hopes for it, being that I've had lots of Treos, but that Pre just landed flat on its face for business users. Too bad, really.
    06-29-09 12:23 AM
    Yeah if your use to blackberry stick with the tour
    06-29-09 12:42 AM
    i love my blackberry so much
    06-29-09 12:53 AM
    it all depends on ONE thing..

do you use media more then anything else?

because if you answer yes to that question then the pre is a good phone it does media very well and does decent in other categorys.

but if your into communication then a BB is like no other it dominates..
    06-29-09 01:54 AM
    This will be my first device, so ive never actually used the media player on the BB. But why would the BB not be a good media device? Sure, it has no touchscreen, and the screen isnt big for watching videos. But for music, I dont see what could be a problem.
    06-29-09 01:58 AM
    i say get the tour...and get a haircut! let us know if you want us to make any other decisions for you
    06-29-09 02:48 AM
    I'm in the same boat as you in a way. I went from the Curve 8330 to the 8900 for T-Mobile. I had billing issues with that phone so I canceled the service. (even though they are still billing me!!!) Anyway I bought the Palm Pre on launch and I have to say that it's a decent phone but it's not a Blackberry. With that said, I'm getting the Tour on launch. I'm adding my mom to my plan and selling her my Pre for $200(so I'm not really losing anything) I also have that mail in rebate coming soon. The main aspects that I miss about my Blackberry include (Brickbreaker, the keyboard, the great battery life, the trackball, and the video camera.) So yeah, will you have to pay full price for the phone then?
    06-29-09 05:08 AM
    you still have a couple more weeks before you have to return the Pre. Give it at least one more week to see if another update pops out to rectify some issues.
    06-29-09 08:15 AM
    I got my Pre on the 9th and have been using it since. The battery life have gotten better but still doesn't really last me a full day and thats with minimum phone call and mostly email and text with very little web browsing. I was using the Bold on ATT and switched to Sprint partly because of the Pre and partly because I was paying way too much on ATT.

The Pre is a very nice phone albeit a bit too cute looking and the hardware is not up to my standard. I'm getting used to the keyboard but you just can't beat a BB's. I am hearing rumors about the HTC Hero and would like to hear some reviews and maybe try it out if and when Sprint gets it, but will be returning the Pre to go back to the BB (Tour) when it comes out. I was a little tired of the BB UI but when it comes to messaging, you CANNOT beat a BB.
    06-29-09 09:12 AM
    How are you going to return the Pre for the tour when you will be outside the 30 day window? Are you planning on paying full retail or do you have a secret? I am in a similar situation and Iwould like to know ifyou have some insight.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 09:33 AM
    Speculation is that the Tour is coming on 7/12 to Verizon and then 7/23 on Sprint.
    06-29-09 10:30 AM
    Dump the Pre within your 30 day return window. Use some old junker phone for a month (Craigslist?) until the Tour arrives. Why anyone would even consider the Pre over a new Blackberry is beyond me (which makes me wonder who is running Sprint that would choose to push the Pre rather than get early release on Tour... morons).

NOTE: Deliberately using a phone once you've decided not to keep it is immoral and tantamount to theft. If you decide to return the Pre, don't be a D-bag by keeping it for 29 days. You'll feel better about yourself knowing that you didn't continue using someone else's property without paying them rent for it. IMO.
    Last edited by theadrock13; 06-29-09 at 10:38 AM.
    06-29-09 10:34 AM
    Dump the Pre within your 30 day return window. Use some old junker phone for a month (Craigslist?) until the Tour arrives. Why anyone would even consider the Pre over a new Blackberry is beyond me (which makes me wonder who is running Sprint that would choose to push the Pre rather than get early release on Tour... morons).

NOTE: Deliberately using a phone once you've decided not to keep it is immoral and tantamount to theft. If you decide to return the Pre, don't be a D-bag by keeping it for 29 days. You'll feel better about yourself knowing that you didn't continue using someone else's property without paying them rent for it. IMO.
    How is it immoral? How is it theft? You signed a contract. In said contract, it states that you have 30 DAYS to return the phone and cancel. 29 days is within the 30 day trial. Sounds legit to me.
    06-29-09 10:51 AM
    How is it immoral? How is it theft? You signed a contract. In said contract, it states that you have 30 DAYS to return the phone and cancel. 29 days is within the 30 day trial. Sounds legit to me.
    Exactly. Also, it is the least Palm/Sprint can do for this poor guy after wasting his time with a lousy device.
    06-29-09 10:55 AM
    Its not a legal matter, its a moral one. You have 30 days to decide. If you've decided not to keep it after day 1 then ought to give it back rather than use someone else's property rent free. Just because you can legally do it, doesn't make it right. People can live in a house rent free for months by abusing the eviction system, and its wrong.

If you take something without paying for it, thats what we call theft. (Not talking 'legal' theft here.)

And MrB, one person's lousy device is another person's gem. The carrier isn't responsible for your tastes. Try the phone in the store, try it for 30 days, but if you know right up front that you aren't keeping the phone... thats just wrong... and definitionally theft.
    06-29-09 11:09 AM
    Maybe the person is waiting for a possible update before returning the phone. No one knows what another persons motives are.
    06-29-09 11:27 AM
    This type of moral snobbery is usually displayed by senators right before they are caught in the airport restroom tapping their toe...
    06-29-09 11:39 AM
    Pitiful.
    If you know you aren't keeping the phone, don't abuse the opportunity.
    Analogy: If you've got a weekend roadtrip to make, don't go to a car dealer asking for a "weekend test drive" when you know you aren't buying the car, but just want to get a free car for the trip.
    If thats somehow ambiguous to you, please don't vote and don't have children.
    Last edited by theadrock13; 06-29-09 at 11:54 AM.
    06-29-09 11:50 AM
    Pitiful.
    Analogy: If you've got a weekend roadtrip to make, don't go to a car dealer asking for a "weekend test drive" when you know you aren't buying the car, but just want to get a free car for the trip.
    Come on. You're smarter than that. Your analogy isn't even remotely close to the same thing as is in question here.

I think the few lousy shares you own of Sprint stock are giving you beer goggle vision.

Bottom line: Sprint has a 30 day return policy. They sold this guy a phone that is far from where it should be. For him to return it earlier than the 30 day window, would be a hassle and financial burden to him- not to mention different from the 30 day deal he knew going in. Using your logic, I suppose he should send Sprint a bill for all the time it took to load his data on the Pre and figure out how to use it, only to learn that it is far from being business ready?
    06-29-09 12:06 PM
    Pitiful.

Not attacking you but sorry thats a **** poor analogy. The dealer nowhere states that you can take the car for a test drive for a "weekend test drive" (30 days) and if you dont like the car return it. When you purchase a phone the carriers specifically says, you have 30 days to try it out, if you dont like it you, wait for it, HAVE 30 DAYS TO RETURN IT. No matter if he decided already or not he HAS 30 DAYS TO RETURN IT. Also reading this entire thread I dont see where the poster has specifically said they were going to wait but that he wanted opinions. Quit attacking the OP and saying they are a thief for trying out a phone for 30 days.
    06-29-09 12:10 PM
    Yikes... it keeps going...

JoJo, the anology works. You can take a car for a weekend test drive at many dealers... I've seen it done. If you KNOW you aren't going to buy it/keep it then don't abuse the system. Why is that hard to get?
    And I didn't attack the OP or say that he was doing such things; check my post. (Apologies if I was unclear.) BUT IF HE WAS trying to scam an extra few weeks out of the deal by calling it "testing" when he already knows he's out, thats not cool. Sure its allowed, sure its legal, but its not cool. And you know people do that ALL the time. I am not judging anyone specifically; I am encouraging people to have ethics in general terms.

I want to close this out. Send me a Private Mssg if you want to keep it going. MrB check your mssgs.
    06-29-09 12:52 PM
    Yikes... it keeps going...

JoJo, the anology works. You can take a car for a weekend test drive at many dealers... I've seen it done. If you KNOW you aren't going to buy it/keep it then don't abuse the system. Why is that hard to get?
    And I didn't attack the OP or say that he was doing such things; check my post. (Apologies if I was unclear.) BUT IF HE WAS trying to scam an extra few weeks out of the deal by calling it "testing" when he already knows he's out, thats not cool. Sure its allowed, sure its legal, but its not cool. And you know people do that ALL the time. I am not judging anyone specifically; I am encouraging people to have ethics in general terms.

I want to close this out. Send me a Private Mssg if you want to keep it going. MrB check your mssgs.
    Dumbest analogy I've ever heard. And also saying whoever chooses the Pre over the Tour is a moron clearly contradicts your statement of one person's garbage is another's gem. I guess I already know who the moron is here.

anyways, getting back on topic. I plan to return my Pre right up to the 30 day period and use a POS sprint phone til the Tour comes out and will be paying the new customer price. Is it legal, of course, do I feel morally wrong, absolutely not.
    06-29-09 01:01 PM
    He paid for the phone. If he wants to keep it until his 29.999999999 days of his 30 day window, he can.
    06-29-09 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD