Unfortunately my first blackberry tour is having some network connection issues so Sprint sent out another Blackberry tour for me. Upon opening the box I was already not stoked since I have to transfer all the contacts, apps, etc. Well before activating the replacement i gave it a test run and the phone feels kinda odd.

The trackball feels like it only clicks half way down and not a full click. The scrolling is also kind of odd the trackball feels like its binding and you don't hear that little ratcheting sound. Lastly the mute button doesn't feel like its pressing down all the way.

Am I just being picky or are these really issues. I don't want to activate the phone until I make sure its good.

Upon ordering the replacement I wanted a New Tour but they said they could only give out Refurbs and from what I hear refurbs suck because the refurbs are more unreliable.

I tried asking to get bumped up to a Bold but no luck.
    08-05-10 06:31 PM
    I got my one and only tour in november 09, never had any "tour" issues at all. Some of what you are experincing may be actual issues. Partly because you are being a little extra critical, now here is your choice activate the "new" phone and work around the issues or return it and deal with poor network connection.
    08-05-10 06:50 PM
    I had my first Tour for about 6 months before the trackball quit scrolling up. Sprint sent my a refurbished Tour that I've been using for the past month or so and there has been no problem. The issue about your trackball feeling funny might be because it's new and hasn't had any use yet. As far as transfering info to your new Tour use Device switch Wizard. It's supper easy and transfers all your third party apps too.
    08-05-10 07:25 PM
    Well I pretty much have to change phones its just question of should I request them to send me another phone. If it wasn't for the no data on my old tour it be perfect. I think I'm gonna go with the refurb and hope for the best. Thanks guys I'll definitely use the device switch wizard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-10 02:59 AM
    I'd take it into a Sprint store and show it to them. The trackball issue that you have should cause them to replace it (maybe with a Bold like we've been seeing at Verizon).
    08-10-10 09:52 AM
    I got my Tour in February and haven't had a single issue with it. Oh, I take that back. I went to Florida and got sand in the trackball. I simply took it into the nearest Sprint store and they cleaned it all out for me and sent me on my way. I guess I've been pretty lucky as far as the Tour goes.
    08-10-10 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD