Hello,

I have a BB Tour from Bell Canada that I am using overseas in Thailand. I have a BIS plan and I am in one of the main parts of the city. For some reason I keep on losing my EDGE connection (I guess my connection to BIS since it will show "edge" all in lower case). There are certain things that trigger this, one is launching QuickLaunch. Everytime without fail it will go from EDGE to edge as soon as I open QuickLaunch.

Does anybody else have this problem and is there a fix? Trading my phone in right now isn't an option.

Thanks
    09-11-09 11:13 PM
    Anybody have any input?
    09-12-09 05:39 AM
    This place is usually hopping, little slow at the moment. I guarantee in the next few hours you will probably get some answers. I'm new to blackberrys so I have no input for your situation though.
    09-12-09 05:42 AM
    Well....you are running on a GSM network so your Tour requires the correct APN settings for the provider you are connected to. Switching down to edge usually means the device is connecting to WAP internet which is usually used for 3rd party applications. Unfortunately, on the Tour edge is super slow. One of my applications causes the Tour to go to edge as well and it takes forever to pull data from the internet.

I'm not too familiar with Quick Launch so i don't see why it would cause the device to switch to edge.
    09-12-09 08:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD