I have been pulling my hair out for days. I love everything about my 8350i, especially the wifi. But the service sucks.....so I got out of my Sprint contract and have no phone as of tonight. I need a phone. I am going to Verizon tonight and coming home with a new Tour or a pay per month on some old junker I have from Verizon to wait for the new Storm. Please spare me the fact that I have probably not posted in the right spot again, I don't spend much time on these forums. I know however, this is where you come when you need help with a Blackberry. Please help, I'm running out of time.
    08-31-09 02:53 PM
    love my tour...dont know what else to tell ya
    08-31-09 02:55 PM
    What are you trying to ask? I don't understand

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 02:57 PM
    Yeah I don't quite get what the question is. I love my tour though.
    08-31-09 03:03 PM
    There's supposed to be a Tour with wifi (9650) coming as well. Not sure when, but when it does it'll make you're choice a little easier: touchscreen or keyboard. Personally, I would get an 8330 cheap, go month to month, and wait a little bit to try out the newer models and decide when I have them in my hands.

08-31-09 03:05 PM
    I am asking whether I should get a Tour or signup monthly with a POS I have and wait for the Storm 2. I think I subconsciously posted the question here hoping for some Tour biased replies because I don't want to go with out a BB and I don't like waiting.
    I had a similar situation as you. I loved my 8350i but i got horrible reception around my area. I called sprint to see if they would allow me to upgrade (to a sprint bb) even tho i was still a few months shy of my upgrade eligibility. The rep i spoke to transferred me to tech support, who then asked if i would like a sprint bb sent to me for free, without even using my upgrade. I asked if i could have the tour and after checking with a supervisor, they sent one out the next day. Basically they gave me a free tour bb.

I don't know if you could call sprint back and see if they'll do the same for you or if you just want to switch to verizon, but either way the tour is a great phone.
    Oh yeah and you can't go month to month w a BB. That's the tough part.
    08-31-09 03:06 PM
    I had a similar situation as you. I loved my 8350i but i got horrible reception around my area. I called sprint to see if they would allow me to upgrade (to a sprint bb) even tho i was still a few months shy of my upgrade eligibility. The rep i spoke to transferred me to tech support, who then asked if i would like a sprint bb sent to me for free, without even using my upgrade. I asked if i could have the tour and after checking with a supervisor, they sent one out the next day. Basically they gave me a free tour bb.

I don't know if you could call sprint back and see if they'll do the same for you or if you just want to switch to verizon, but either way the tour is a great phone.
    Thanks for a good answer, but unfortunately in the mnts of Vermont, sprint doesn't work at all. Verizon is my only other choice really.
    08-31-09 03:08 PM
    Well we can't make that decision for you. You have to decide yourself if you want a touchscreen vs qwerty keyboard phone.

The Tour is a great phone and you can't go wrong with picking one up.

The best thing you can do is go to the store and test one out and decide for yourself.
    08-31-09 03:09 PM
    I'm sorry for the confusing post, I just trying to rush my thoughts. I want a Storm 2. But I don't want to wait. I'm just hoping to hear some reassurance that tells me if I loved my 8350i, then I'll love a Tour, that's all.
    08-31-09 03:10 PM
    Well we can't make that decision for you.
    Think about what you just said. Now let me assist you (via two words) in helping you reach the conclusion you should reach after giving your words some thought...NO CRAP.

I'm just hoping to hear some reassurance that tells me if I loved my 8350i, then I'll love a Tour, that's all.
    It took three Tours prior to the one I have now to reach the conclusion that when you do own a Tour that works as it should...it's an awesome phone.

This is my 4th Tour; and it is an awesome phone.
    08-31-09 03:19 PM
    Think about what you just said. Now let me assist you (via two words) in helping you reach the conclusion you should reach after giving your words some thought...NO CRAP.

It took three Tours prior to the one I have now to reach the conclusion that when you do own a Tour that works as it should...it's an awesome phone.

This is my 4th Tour; and it is an awesome phone.
    I thought about what I said, then I thought about what you replied with. Came to the conclusion that you are an *****.

He says he wants the Storm 2 but wants a blackberry now. There's tons of posts with people saying they are happy with their storm. He wants to be talked into buying a Tour, or in other words us to make the decision for him.
    Walking into the store and messing around with the phone is the best way to decide, and you can always return it within 30 days if you don't like it.
    08-31-09 03:30 PM
    Go with the TOUR, The TOUR is the best blackberry out there.
    08-31-09 03:33 PM
    if you feel that you really want the new storm then wait for it. im gonna chime in with the others and say

i love my tour

its a launch tour, no replacements, no major issues (loose battery door that a quick stop into vzw fixed)

it sounds like you need a phone tho... so if you can, get a used one from ebay / craigs list, then when the storm comes out you can go get it.

or when the solid release date for the storm2 comes out you can go get a tour about a month (or less, so you have time to test the storm2 also) before it comes out and test drive it. this would be my recommendation

me... i need a keyboard, but the storm 2 looks cool. i.ll play around with it when it comes out, but i'm not regretting my tour purchase one bit.
    08-31-09 03:33 PM
    Oh yeah and you can't go month to month w a BB. That's the tough part.
    Really? They told me no problem with month to month BlackBerry as I had a verizonbb already (I have a 9530) I asked about voice/ BIS and BIS with no voice. Matter of fact they said I had to have a data plan to use a Berry on Verizon. Anyhoo, they told me if I have a Verizon compatable Berry already and my credit checks out I could go month to month, no contract.
    Wouldn't be the first time five reps came up with five different (and wrong) answers

08-31-09 03:38 PM
    I hope your right, that would solve all my problems, about to head out. Thanks again.
    08-31-09 04:04 PM
    I have a tour, had it for over 2 weeks now fr Sprint.
    No problems.
    I love it.
    08-31-09 04:11 PM
    For months, I perused these forums and saw the raging hype and anticipation of the Tour. You'd think it was the best Blackberry ever with the way people were shouting for it. Now, you can't come on these forums without reading at least 5-10 threads a day about how the phone is a big problem. What's to say that the Storm 2 won't be any different? Will it work? Will it do what it's supposed to do? You, know, like the first one..!! haha!

The problem with any new Blackberry is that it may or may not do what the hype says it'll do. If you hold off and buy the new device and it has its growing pains, you find yourself feeling screwed. I'd recommend that if you want to hold off and buy the Storm 2, wait at least 30 days after release before you go get one. Then you'll have more realistic expectations when you get it.

I personally find it more satisying to have the cool device now and work through the issues with it than I felt when I was trying to figure out which one I wanted to get. Hype, other's people's opinions, the reviews, it's hard to figure out what you want until you actually get time to play with the device. The problem with trying it out in the store is you can't apply real world usage to it like you can during the return period. Of course, the more you customize the unit to your liking, the less likely you'll want to return it!
    08-31-09 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD