Page 1 of 27 123411 ... LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Just received my "green dot" tour

Hey everyone. I wanted to create a thread for the new green dot tour that has been talked about. And hopefully answer a few questions that people may have.

First off, my old tour (canada 1) has been flawless until about a week ago. It seemed like something was getting stuck under the trackball, so i swabbed some alcohol on it, and used dust off to see if anything was stuck. Nothing seemed to work.

Under the trackball test, i could only get a 1 out of left and right, and maybe a 2 or 3 scrolling up and down. this didnt seem to be right.

Now i just received my green dot tour. I really cant tell where it was manufactured or if it is a refurb (can anyone help me out?)
    The trackball feels completely different from my old tour. i can scroll without feathering and it is very responsive. Also, the ear piece does not "creak" like my old tour.

If you have any more questions for me, let me know! Also, if anyone has any helpful advice on what to check for on my green dot tour please feel free to let me know. I want to make sure i have a device that works. Thanks!
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    IT TO WIN IT

Mine got stuck today but it was from something off my hands.. Can of air and alcohol fixed the issue. Works fine
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    863 Global Posts
    PIN
    3248F008

To find out if your tour is refurb go to the about screen and scroll down. It should say refurb or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

I would like to know if these phones are refurbs or if they are a new batch

It does not make a big difference to me if it was a refurb but if it is then it tells me that the problem can be solved by replacing the current trackball set up.

With all of the apps I have and info i would have to back up and restore I would much rather do this
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

on my verizon tour there isnt a line if its a refurb or not.

and i am wondering the same thing - if the phones are refurbs or a new batch of tours. i would like to know before i send my old tour back
    CrackBerry Addict

If it comes in a brown box, with just the phone, it is probably a refurbished unit. As for the about screen indicating a refurb, I have never heard of this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Does the bluetooth work correctly in this "green-dot" Tour? Also, [a very naive question]: where is the green dot...on the package?
    Thanks.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by esalonia View Post
    If it comes in a brown box, with just the phone, it is probably a refurbished unit. As for the about screen indicating a refurb, I have never heard of this.
    yes it came in a brown box. but im wondering if maybe it is new because of the green dot? i wish there was a way to find out

Quote Originally Posted by Red Torch View Post
    Does the bluetooth work correctly in this "green-dot" Tour? Also, [a very naive question]: where is the green dot...on the package?
    Thanks.
    bluetooth works via computer. dont have a headset to compare to
    and yes. the green dot is on the upc label of the small brown box with just the tour inside
    CrackBerry Addict

Refurbished or not, I wouldn't care. If it is in perfect condition, and works properly, I would be happy.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by esalonia View Post
    Refurbished or not, I wouldn't care. If it is in perfect condition, and works properly, I would be happy.
    very true.

as for the trackball, when you use the two side by side the green dot has more "clicks" when you roll it compared to the old tour. i guess they really did fix the trackball?
    CrackBerry Abuser

A refurb usually doesn't include the battery(and sometimes the battery door).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Smile

Picked up my Tour at a Sprint store a couple of weeks ago.
    Trackball is marvelous (so far).

Checked my about screen and I have a line that shows:
    Refurbished: N

Loving this phone
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

i just found out that this is a mexico 5 build. so far very good. everything seems to be going smoothly

question though - i just imported all of my contacts and such. did bbm update everyone with my new pin? because i messaged someone and it went through right away without having them confirm my new pin. if so thats really cool
    CrackBerry User

I just got a replacement Tour (was told by the phone rep that it would be brand new and not a refurb) in the mail today and it came in a brown box. Just the phone, no accessories, and no battery (battery cover was there though).

I don't remember seeing the green dot, but maybe I wasn't paying attention to it. Where would I find it if it's there? Is it on the phone itself or on the box?

Thanks.
    The Sultan of CrackBerry

Global Posts
    5,634 Global Posts

What is this "Green Dot"?? I'm not familiar with the term, is there an actual dot someplace?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Quote Originally Posted by vulcanlolsup View Post
    I just got a replacement Tour (was told by the phone rep that it would be brand new and not a refurb) in the mail today and it came in a brown box. Just the phone, no accessories, and no battery (battery cover was there though).

I don't remember seeing the green dot, but maybe I wasn't paying attention to it. Where would I find it if it's there? Is it on the phone itself or on the box?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    What is this "Green Dot"?? I'm not familiar with the term, is there an actual dot someplace?

on the brown cardboard box you should see it where the white label and barcodes are
    The Sultan of CrackBerry

Global Posts
    5,634 Global Posts

aaahhhhhh ok, gotcha. Thanks for answer nycfly!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

isnt the green dot under the battery cover in one of the corners. under my storm battery door there is a green dot in the corner....just wondering
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

Quote Originally Posted by MikEy dEe729 View Post
    isnt the green dot under the battery cover in one of the corners. under my storm battery door there is a green dot in the corner....just wondering
    no this is just for the tour. my replacement came in a box that has a green dot on the upc label showing that the trackball has been inspected i guess and other issues checked out
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,352 Global Posts

i got my Replacement Insurance Tour today with the green dot!

works PERFACT!! nothing wrong with it at all!!
    Current Device: Blackberry Bold 9650

Future Device: Droid Bionic 4G!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,772 Global Posts

I receive my first Tour tomorrow, I hope it comes with a green dot.
    Distributor of pain.
    CrackBerry Abuser

How do u tell if its a mexico 5 tour? Are those the good ones?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by fdnj48 View Post
    It shows on the side of your box where your handset was built.

Both Mexico and Canada make good and faulty Tours.

PIN
    NED To A Wall

Quote Originally Posted by fdnj48 View Post
    Will be on the outside of the box the device came in
    RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

The only stupid question, is the one not asked.

PIN
    NED To A Wall

Green dot devices.

These are new devices that have comin from RIM for the known trackball issue. They temporary until the all the old stock is cycled.

Also those skeptics worried about refurbs, those are not slated to hit the warehouses till early next week.
    RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

The only stupid question, is the one not asked.
Page 1 of 27 123411 ... LastLast