I just got my newest Tour over lunch hour.

They put in my old sim card & memory card, got the phone working & sent me on the way.

Now I can't figure out where all of my contacts went. I had emails that I hoped would save over too, but probably not.

any help is greatly appreciated.
    09-09-09 01:36 PM
    I just got my newest Tour over lunch hour.

They put in my old sim card & memory card, got the phone working & sent me on the way.

Now I can't figure out where all of my contacts went. I had emails that I hoped would save over too, but probably not.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Unless you would had asked them to transfer the contact they usually don't and that all they could have transferred for you at the store.

As far as email and other settings you might have had on your previous one should pop up next time you sync your blackberry with your computer providing you have created a backup file. Any text messages, emails or contacts you've added after that last backup/sync will be unrecoverable.
    09-09-09 01:48 PM
    Always back it up if you know you going to replace it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 01:50 PM
    Thanks!

I guess my lack of knowledge screwed me this time, the store associate has less knowledge than me it appears.
    09-09-09 01:53 PM
    Thanks!

I guess my lack of knowledge screwed me this time, the store associate has less knowledge than me it appears.
    yeah the store employers really are a treat sometimes...

as far as your contacts, you got to put them in by hand again unless you backed up your phone before?

P.S... you can always go back to the store today and they can get your old phone out and restore your contacts since they messed up. normally the store sends the phones back once a week.
    09-09-09 02:02 PM
    I'm headed back to the store after work, I need my contacts.

The good news is this phone is more solid than the first 2 I had, track ball feels good, battery cover fits perfect. The only think I see "wrong" with it is the top left corner where the speaker meets the chrome bezel doesn't fit perfectly.

If I'm looking at it correctly the build date is 8/13/09-Mexico5, which is older than Tour #2.
    09-09-09 02:27 PM
    Please do remember to do backups on your computer at home. It would have saved you time, a trip back and forth to the store.

enjoy your newest berry!
    09-09-09 02:37 PM
    Please do remember to do backups on your computer at home. It would have saved you time, a trip back and forth to the store.

enjoy your newest berry!
    That is my next task. I was unable to get it to work before, so I gave up.

Thanks
    09-09-09 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD