someone stole my bb tour 9630 from my car and I promptly had it shut off but I was wondering being that my phone is unlocked could they just activate a sim card with like tmo or att and start using the phone...anything is possible with today technology..
    03-06-10 02:00 PM
    yes, they need an unlock code to do so. Have no clue where to get one but yeah, it can be done. a lot of Cricket locations can also flash them and make them work on their networks
    03-06-10 02:02 PM
    yeah the creepy thing is this the phone is already unlocked{network,sim} i (was) using it with tmo so basically i am screwed but thanks 4 your insight
    03-06-10 02:09 PM
    I pin code my device & my sim, just in case.
    03-06-10 03:20 PM
    Next time install smrtguard on the device.
    03-06-10 03:24 PM
    Next time install smrtguard on the device.
    x2 theres a free version for bb users. you'll be very happy you did if something like this happens again
    03-06-10 03:36 PM
    If you report it stolen, theoretically it would be blacklisted by the IMEI/PIN number to all carriers. doesnt always work, but sometimes it does.
    03-06-10 03:42 PM
    x2 theres a free version for bb users. you'll be very happy you did if something like this happens again
    I was just on there site it says free download for 30 days. Is there another version?

3. Thirty Days Free SmrtGuard Data Protection (No Payment Info Needed!)

Want to see it for yourself on how SmrtGuard can protect your smartphone? With SmrtGuard you can backup over the air and restore and migrate data to a new or replacement smartphone over the air.

With every new account, you will get SmrtGuard Data Protection FREE for 30 Days. Risk Free. That's right, no payment info is needed!
    03-06-10 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD