Well I finally got around to going to the Verizon store to get a new Tour. I know I could have called for a replacement, but the tech support guy said I could go in and get a brand new one because it was within 30 days. So that was cool. So far so good, the trackball works which is helpful... Buttons feel slightly stiffer. Haven't played around much though, as I am installing 5.0 currently. But that is almost done so I'll update then.

Glad I went and got a new one though. It got to the point where in the course of 30 minutes the trackball because unresponsive like 7 times and I had to click it a bunch to start working (it wasn't OS lag, all other buttons worked). Also had the occasional problem where it wouldn't move. If you have those problems, I would suggest calling tech support for a replacement, it is definitely worth it!

On a side note: I hope I keep having trackball problems so when the Essex is release I can take that instead of the Tour (due to the Lemon laws).
    11-01-09 05:45 PM
    Not like it matters to me but why did you not choose the S2 or wait for the Droid? I mean comparing to the Tour - they both seem better in all regards, at least to me.
    11-01-09 05:53 PM
    I'm not a fan of the Storm devices. And when I got the Tour, I didn't know the Droid was coming. But I really do like my Tour and I'm not sure I want to leap platforms again.
    11-01-09 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD