I pre-ordered my tour when it was offered for pre-order. I just got it delivered now, and being a first time blackberry user, I have some questions.

1.) I've noticed that other people have the same problem, but my back battery cover is a bit loose. If I take it into the verizon store, will they give me a completely new phone or just the back cover?

2.) When I put the battery in, there was a little circle rotating with 2 line running in the middle vertically/horizontally. Then the phone started up and then said something about a security update which it downloaded? Well anyway, I turned it off. Shouldn't there be something on the screen telling me that it is charging? The LED pulses an orange/green but that's it.

3.) How long does it take to charge?

Thanks so much guys.
    07-14-09 02:16 PM
    I pre-ordered my tour when it was offered for pre-order. I just got it delivered now, and being a first time blackberry user, I have some questions.

1.) I've noticed that other people have the same problem, but my back battery cover is a bit loose. If I take it into the verizon store, will they give me a completely new phone or just the back cover?

2.) When I put the battery in, there was a little circle rotating with 2 line running in the middle vertically/horizontally. Then the phone started up and then said something about a security update which it downloaded? Well anyway, I turned it off. Shouldn't there be something on the screen telling me that it is charging? The LED pulses an orange/green but that's it.

3.) How long does it take to charge?

Thanks so much guys.
    The loose battery cover is an issue that a lot are having.. I guess you could try to take it back or just live with it.

The pulsing light tells you its charging and thats it.

If its completely dead it should take about 1-2 hours to fully charge on the home charger.
    07-14-09 02:21 PM
    1- new phone
    2- thats fine
    3-overnight is best
    4- Welcome
    07-14-09 02:22 PM
    1) depends on the store, its a known issue. and its been confirmed here that it is indeed the cover and not the phone. if thats your only issue on the phone, id just wait for aftermarket covers.

2) when your phone is off, the led will blink, thats your notification that its charging. i think it goes steady or turns off when done charging. i honestly just leave my phone on. the battery has a bolt in it when charging, and when done that disappears.

3) not sure as i dont have mine yet :X
    07-14-09 02:24 PM
    MOBS welcome to CB here is a link that will help you a lot
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/
    07-14-09 02:24 PM
    1- new phone
    2- thats fine
    3-overnight is best
    4- Welcome
    Agreed.

Had a very loose battery cover and was able to take it back and get switched to a new Tour no problem.

Just be sure to check it out before taking a new one. Switch out battery covers as this may resolve the issue and you wont have to reload everything to a newly switched to device.
    07-14-09 02:25 PM
    Thanks a lot guys. I'm taking it to the Verizon store soon and see what they come up w/

Aftermarket covers? Are those sold by RIM?
    Last edited by mobsnerf; 07-14-09 at 02:27 PM. Reason: answers
    07-14-09 02:25 PM
    so i went to the verizon store and they just put some sticky notes in there to prop it up which was weird. they said to just come back next week to get a replacement.

i've noticed some funny things. my phone can't receive my gmail emails but it can send them. It changes brightness seemingly randomly. whenever the phone restarts(one time when i was erasing missing sync from the bb), it sends a message saying that im registered with the wireless network...
    07-15-09 01:54 AM
    You get a registration message each time you reboot the BB, it is normal.

Thebacklight has a mind of it's own. Lol. It will do whatever, whenever, it wants. There is a light sensor in the LED window, if it is the same as the Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 02:00 AM
    what about the email? It doesn't work for my .edu email either...
    07-15-09 02:08 AM
    also, my gmail email only accepts emails from non gmail addresses..
    07-15-09 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD