ok guys, i thought i had this down pretty pat until i got the phone in my own hands!! Heres some questions!

1. First question is with messages. When i send a text i recieve it not in my messages folder but in the SMS/MMS folder in the application list. Whats can i do so they come to my messages folder on the home screen.
    2. How do i go about getting ring tones onto my phone from here. Do i go through my computer or directly from my phone or what?
    3. How do i get my e mail accounts to work on the phone...i have them set up but i cant get into the e mail
    4. How do i move around the folders in my applications to go from within a folder (instant messaging) onto m home screen

Thats what i can think of for a start right now.....im just really confused! Expect more questions in this thread as i continue using the phone.
    Last edited by CumminsCrazed; 10-17-09 at 01:31 PM.
    10-17-09 01:25 PM
    1. Well text messages SHOULD be going into your SMS folder....so your good there. SMS = text messages lol

2. I use my mp3's that are on my memory card. You can use songs on your memory card to play as ring tones.

3. go through the email setup wizard

4. when on the icon you want to move...click the BB button then go to "move to folder" then go to "home" and it'll put the icon on your home screen.
    10-17-09 01:47 PM
    1. First question is with messages. When i send a text i recieve it not in my messages folder but in the SMS/MMS folder in the application list. Whats can i do so they come to my messages folder on the home screen.
    2. How do i go about getting ring tones onto my phone from here. Do i go through my computer or directly from my phone or what?
    3. How do i get my e mail accounts to work on the phone...i have them set up but i cant get into the e mail
    4. How do i move around the folders in my applications to go from within a folder (instant messaging) onto m home screen

1) A text message is an SMS (short message service), that's where it's supposed to go. MESSAGES are for emails, PINs BBM and so on. 2) Ring tones (MP3 preferably) can be downloaded or put on the SD card by cut/paste method via PC. 3) Try resending your service books. 4) Highlight icon, press MENU, select MOVE.
    10-17-09 01:49 PM
    ok well for my hotmail e mail....its saying this "Action Required: Leave messages on the server" i have NO CLUE what that means or where to go to fix it.....it says how to do it but my hotmail has nothing for that option...so im confused!

My yahoo e mail is working fine.
    10-17-09 01:52 PM
    welcome!
    1- go to your message icon and hit menu>options>general options and make sure "email and sms inboxes" is set to combined. this will also make all your emails go into that folder too(you wont have a separate email icon either).
    2- you can go to the "ringtone" area and have them emailed/sms'd to your phone. the ringtone section is at the top of the page from your computer.
    3- if they are set up through either "email settings" icon, or you set them up in the setup wizard when you first turned on your phone, then your email is set up. send some test emails.. if they still arent coming in, try going to options>advanced options>host routing table>menu>register now and that may get you going(post back if still no emails after a half hour)
    4- navigate to the icon you want to move and hit menu>move to folder>home.

10-17-09 01:53 PM
    ok well for my hotmail e mail....its saying this "Action Required: Leave messages on the server" i have NO CLUE what that means or where to go to fix it.....it says how to do it but my hotmail has nothing for that option...so im confused!

My yahoo e mail is working fine.
    your hotmail is fine.. dont worry about the action required. it actually means action "may" be required if you are not getting emails.
    10-17-09 01:54 PM
    Thanks for chiming in SofaKingKev. I can't believe the first to responses were just like "SMS" are supposed to go to text inbox. Clearly there is an option to have them all, text and email, go to the same box. Makes it easier to get them when they come in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 05:20 PM
    Thanks for chiming in SofaKingKev. I can't believe the first to responses were just like "SMS" are supposed to go to text inbox. Clearly there is an option to have them all, text and email, go to the same box. Makes it easier to get them when they come in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    sure. its a personal preference type of thing. i would say about 85% of people prefer to have them separated, thats what having a blackberry is all about.. customization to how YOU want things to be.
    10-17-09 05:46 PM
    wow you guys are AWESOME!!!

now...heres a few more for ya guys

1. how does the phone know when its holstered or not, when it goes off in the holster and i pull it out it stops, hows it know!!
    2. how do i find out what version of the phone or whatever i am running
    3. when i go to options > SMS Text > Number of previous items - 7, what is the number of previous items and whats the 7 mean.

also, any other "kiss" tips or tricks you guys know of please fill me in on them. Im loving the BBM via PINs!!
    10-17-09 11:00 PM
    ...When i send a text i recieve it not in my messages folder but in the SMS/MMS folder in the application list. Whats can i do so they come to my messages folder on the home screen.
    Sorry! I misinterpreted the question / problem. I thought the OP was complaining about the text messages going into a folder they weren't supposed to. It didn't register that he wanted them combined. Now that I read the post again, I'm not sure if he wants them combined or if the complaint is that he finds it inconvenient to navigate to the application folder to retrieve his text messages. If the latter is the case, I would suggest keeping the folders separated and move the SMS folder to the Home screen. I find that to be neater and less confusing.
    10-17-09 11:19 PM

1. how does the phone know when its holstered or not, when it goes off in the holster and i pull it out it stops, hows it know!!
    2. how do i find out what version of the phone or whatever i am running
    3. when i go to options > SMS Text > Number of previous items - 7, what is the number of previous items and whats the 7 mean.

also, any other "kiss" tips or tricks you guys know of please fill me in on them. Im loving the BBM via PINs!!
    1- there is a magnet in the holster and a sensor on the berry
    2-go to options>about
    3-its the amount of texts that will be grouped together before you have to start another "string" of texts.
    10-17-09 11:26 PM
    also, take a jaunt through this forum: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/
    theres a ton of stuff in there.
    10-17-09 11:30 PM
    whatcha mean by starting another string of texts......im still not completely sure on that yet
    10-18-09 12:10 AM
    one more question right off hand....

is there a way i can set my ring tones/alerts to BOTH ring and vibrate at the same time?
    10-18-09 12:30 AM
    1- there is a magnet in the holster and a sensor on the berry
    2-go to options>about
    3-its the amount of texts that will be grouped together before you have to start another "string" of texts.
    I actually have a question about that last bit - not too long ago I posted asking how to receive your texts messages as strings/conversations as opposed to getting a whole new window to open with each text from the same person. Is this possible?
    10-18-09 01:54 AM
    I actually have a question about that last bit - not too long ago I posted asking how to receive your texts messages as strings/conversations as opposed to getting a whole new window to open with each text from the same person. Is this possible?
    This sounds like you're asked about threaded-sms (like on the iphone). This feature will be introduced in the 5.0 OS. You can download and install a leaked version of the beta, but it may or may not have issues with some of your apps.
    10-18-09 02:40 AM
    Yeah, that's just what I meant. Thanks
    10-18-09 02:57 AM
    one more question right off hand....

is there a way i can set my ring tones/alerts to BOTH ring and vibrate at the same time?
    anyone plz? lol
    10-18-09 08:22 AM
    I don't think you can do that with what you phone came with. You can have it vibrate and then ring with native apps. There is however a solution here just click on option 1 for non-storm free app and it will give you the download screen. The actual name of the app is buzzme and it works quite well.
    10-18-09 10:23 AM
    welcome!
    1- go to your message icon and hit menu>options>general options and make sure "email and sms inboxes" is set to combined. this will also make all your emails go into that folder too(you wont have a separate email icon either).
    2- you can go to the "ringtone" area and have them emailed/sms'd to your phone. the ringtone section is at the top of the page from your computer.
    3- if they are set up through either "email settings" icon, or you set them up in the setup wizard when you first turned on your phone, then your email is set up. send some test emails.. if they still arent coming in, try going to options>advanced options>host routing table>menu>register now and that may get you going(post back if still no emails after a half hour)
    4- navigate to the icon you want to move and hit menu>move to folder>home.

I bolded a part that is incorrect... you always have email icons combined or not..

the only thing the combining does is put sms/mms into the messages folder mine is combined and I have all the email icons yet
    10-18-09 10:44 AM
    heres another question lol

when i receive a message or phone call or anything my phone doesn't light up like my other "dumb" phones did....is it supposed to be that way or can i set it so it lights up when i am receiving something....be it text or IM or call etc.
    10-18-09 02:06 PM
    I bolded a part that is incorrect... you always have email icons combined or not..

the only thing the combining does is put sms/mms into the messages folder mine is combined and I have all the email icons yet
    touche. its been so long since i've had it that way i had forgotten.
    10-18-09 02:08 PM
    heres another question lol

when i receive a message or phone call or anything my phone doesn't light up like my other "dumb" phones did....is it supposed to be that way or can i set it so it lights up when i am receiving something....be it text or IM or call etc.
    theres an app for that. i *think* berrybuzz does that. or notifyme..
    10-18-09 02:09 PM
    ok do you have a link to the apps....im still trying to learn where all this stuff is located lol
    10-18-09 02:16 PM
    its in the crackberry app store. there is a button for it at the top of the page.
    10-18-09 03:34 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD