Hey guys, i'm sure there are a million of this thread..I've had my tour for about 3 months now, my trackball kinda sucked, but i dealt with it, then a few days ago i ordered a White housing for my tour and while putting it on, i broke the memory card inside the phone, so i decided, ok now time to change it since the trackball sucks & now the memory card is broken, half of it inside the phone...so i called Sprint, as soon as i said trackball, they said no problem, many of the ones made before august had this problem, so i went to the nearest sprint store, and they exchanged it for a brand new tour, they didn't care about the broken memory card or anything!!

The new tour feels SO MUCH BETTER, i can't believe i didn't do this sooner...that trackball used to drive me crazy, but i kinda got used to it..and also the battery door is nice and tight on the new one!

and no i didn't end up putting the white housing on, after i had most of it on i noticed there was no bottom part to it, where the sprint logo part is..i dont know if that could have been removed from the original housing and put on or what, but it didn't come with the white one.

Thanks Sprint...has anyone that uses sprint noticed that within the past year their customer service is totally different, no long waits on the phone, very friendley, ect?? I'm very impressed with Sprint this past year, they've made some great changes!
    10-02-09 11:21 PM
    I agree the trackball on my second tour is much better then the first tour
    10-02-09 11:50 PM
    don't sweat the VZW customers. They always feel the need to justify getting ripped off.
    10-03-09 12:08 AM
    Very happy to hear all went well in your exchange. I am not sure what number n1phil actually called, but in my 9 years with Sprint/Nextel, I have never talked to someone with even a strong accent (except maybe southern texas) and I worked for nextel into the merger and for a while after the merger.

Anyways.....good job on the exchange, did you ask them to put the housing on for you? My guess is they would of if you offered the tech a few bucks! then no hassle if it breaks! lol
    10-03-09 12:13 AM
    I can relate. I had the same issue with my tour and recently got the "green dot" tour. I took the same approach, dealing with the messed up trackball because I didnt feel like going thru the whole process of switching it out...UNTIL i got my hands on a bberry tour of a relative's of mine who had a properly working trackball. I immediately made the switch lol where did you get ur white housing kit from though and for how much?
    10-03-09 12:24 AM
    I can relate. I had the same issue with my tour and recently got the "green dot" tour. I took the same approach, dealing with the messed up trackball because I didnt feel like going thru the whole process of switching it out...UNTIL i got my hands on a bberry tour of a relative's of mine who had a properly working trackball. I immediately made the switch lol where did you get ur white housing kit from though and for how much?

i got it from China, i'm not sure about the bottom part of it though, i'm gonna make a thread in a moment iwth pics of it *not on a phone*
    10-03-09 12:28 AM
    Just got my 3rd Tour and this one works fantastic ! I love my Tour !!!!
    10-03-09 02:39 PM
    I agree, I got mine exchanged recently and the new one is so much better. Trackball works great and there is no screen ripple or loose battery back. if you have a buggered early tour, its definitely worth to switch it.
    10-03-09 03:11 PM
    I agree, I got mine exchanged recently and the new one is so much better. Trackball works great and there is no screen ripple or loose battery back. if you have a buggered early tour, its definitely worth to switch it.
    coming soon is a tour with wifi the guy at sprint said!
    10-03-09 03:31 PM
    Agreed, my 2nd Tour is way better. Except for the scratches cause I dropped it :-/
    10-03-09 05:25 PM
    coming soon is a tour with wifi the guy at sprint said!
    Yup, it's currently codenamed the Essex.

http://crackberry.com/yet-another-up...n-niagara-tour
    10-03-09 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD