I bought my original Tour on launch day, expecting great things. Ever since day one, I have had a loose battery door and a very bad trackball. I purchased my Tour at Best Buy, and today I brought it back, hoping to exchange it for a new one.

Once at Best Buy I was told I would have to go to the Verizon store because they can't to BlackBerry manufacturers exchanges there. I walked into the Verizon store, and spoke to a tech about the problem. They said it was a known issue, no problem, even though I did not buy it there. She did the exchange right there in the store, and the new box she brought out had a green sticker on it, near where the UPC bar code is.

This new Tour is miles better than my original, my battery door is SNUG, and the trackball is crisp, no delay or anything. I ran the trackball test before I purchased it, and it did very well, no missing numbers or anything.

In conclusion, if you are having problems with your Tour, do not hesitate. EXCHANGE IT. Make sure the one you get has a green sticker on the box, you will be extremely happy you did so.
    09-13-09 04:21 PM
    FYI - I know for a fact that a rep in a local Washington DC Verizon store put green dots on EVERY tour in stock. He frequents these forums, and was tired of customers asking for a green dot and accepting nothing else.

The green dot is used for inventory control. It is not an indication that the phone was tested like everyone here seems to think. Most likely all the newly manufactured phones have had the hardware changed.

I'm glad you got your issues sorted though. I do believe the Tour can be a decent phone, just some issues need addressed.
    09-13-09 04:40 PM
    FYI - I know for a fact that a rep in a local Washington DC Verizon store put green dots on EVERY tour in stock. He frequents these forums, and was tired of customers asking for a green dot and accepting nothing else.

The green dot is used for inventory control. It is not an indication that the phone was tested like everyone here seems to think. Most likely all the newly manufactured phones have had the hardware changed.

I'm glad you got your issues sorted though. I do believe the Tour can be a decent phone, just some issues need addressed.
    Smart Verizon rep if you ask me...just my opinion though! PS- Why does everyone feel the need to start a new thread on how they got their green dot tour? ....
    09-13-09 04:48 PM
    'Cause its the cool, new, hip,thing to do. Everyones doing it, give it a try
    09-13-09 04:55 PM
    will a mod PLEASE make a "green dot" sticky for these idiots.... If you make it they will come! I'm on here looking for useful info on software, hardware, accessories and all I can see is every other thread "I returned my 50th tour today" and "I finally got my green dot tour today" NOBODY GIVES A FLYING FAIRY we've seen this a million times already stop trying to reinvent the wheel...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 07:35 PM
    will a mod PLEASE make a "green dot" sticky for these idiots.... If you make it they will come! I'm on here looking for useful info on software, hardware, accessories and all I can see is every other thread "I returned my 50th tour today" and "I finally got my green dot tour today" NOBODY GIVES A FLYING FAIRY we've seen this a million times already stop trying to reinvent the wheel...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

hahahahahahaha. So true.
    09-13-09 07:40 PM
    Smart Verizon rep if you ask me...just my opinion though! PS- Why does everyone feel the need to start a new thread on how they got their green dot tour? ....
    I say we start a group, the thread nazis. Haha. I used to think people were so harsh complaining about these things, but after even a few weeks its so annoying.
    09-13-09 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD