Hey, just swapped to the Tour from the Storm. Is there anything I can do to make this better? I've heard about switching themes which I didn't think helped at all. Maybe I'm just expecting bold speed, but right now its nothing like that. Much slower.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 08:43 AM
    I would suggest you do a daily battery pull, make sure you erase unwanted apps to save memory and just wait for a new OS to come out

08-13-09 09:19 AM
    What apps are you running? You shouldn't have any lag at all.

08-13-09 09:21 AM
    Hey, just swapped to the Tour from the Storm. Is there anything I can do to make this better? I've heard about switching themes which I didn't think helped at all. Maybe I'm just expecting bold speed, but right now its nothing like that. Much slower.

Hmm. What is lagging for you? Getting more specifics might help us narrow down the problem.
    08-13-09 09:37 AM
    My tour lagged for the first few hours...especially after loading up my apps for the first time. Do a battery pull and you should be good.

08-13-09 09:40 AM
    Well, did a batt pull on device using quickpull. Still laggy. There are quite a few apps on it and right now I'm sitting at 111 mb of memory. That should be fine. I'm not sure if what I'm actually experiencing is lag so let me explain. Navigation is fine but when I actually click something, for instance, calendar, there is a lag and it takes 3 to 5 seconds to open. Same with navigating folders etc. Is this normal? I don't remember ever seeing any lag at all on the bold.

08-13-09 12:30 PM
    Wow, that's pretty crazy. Maybe try doing an OS wipe?
    08-13-09 12:52 PM
    I have no lag on mine. Then again, I'm running the hybrid OS. I wasn't really having any problems running the stock OS either though.
    08-13-09 12:54 PM
    Just give it a few days for everything to be loaded and such. I think they all lag the first day
    08-13-09 12:59 PM
    try physically pulling the battery instead of quickpull.
    08-13-09 01:04 PM
    Pulled battery manually. Same result.

08-13-09 01:22 PM
    Hi there, what kinda hybrid version you're running? Please advice what is the main difference with the Hybrid from the stock 9630 initial release?
    And can you advice is the boot up faster than the stock release? I'm running stock on Sprint and my average time is 9:30 minutes from battery pull until everything load up. I had the Tour for 2 weeks already.

Thanks, Dom.
    I have no lag on mine. Then again, I'm running the hybrid OS. I wasn't really having any problems running the stock OS either though.
    08-13-09 01:55 PM
    Is this normal? I don't remember ever seeing any lag at all on the bold.

It's definitely not normal. My Tour has been very snappy from the day I got it. I've never used a Bold, but it's definitely faster than my Curve. The problems you described should not happen.
    08-13-09 02:38 PM
    Mine lags once in a while, but only if I forget to close a few apps... Remember you can't just hit the end button, you gotta hit menu and hit "close".

08-13-09 03:20 PM
    Ok, what's the program I use to wipe my device clean? I forget. When I get home today ill wipe it and re install the software. Can I get someone to get me a link to the program that wipes my device clean? Thanks!

08-13-09 04:23 PM
    Well, did a batt pull on device using quickpull. Still laggy. There are quite a few apps on it and right now I'm sitting at 111 mb of memory. That should be fine. I'm not sure if what I'm actually experiencing is lag so let me explain. Navigation is fine but when I actually click something, for instance, calendar, there is a lag and it takes 3 to 5 seconds to open. Same with navigating folders etc. Is this normal? I don't remember ever seeing any lag at all on the bold.

having exactly the same issue.. has gotten noticeably worse since i loaded google talk and bbweather. the random lag is just about unacceptable.. and i am generally patient with v1 software. did not have this on my 8830. i am hoping this issue will be corrected soon with an update.
    08-13-09 05:01 PM
    It's definitely not normal. My Tour has been very snappy from the day I got it. I've never used a Bold, but it's definitely faster than my Curve. The problems you described should not happen.
    I agree with Dagnillo. I upgraded from the Curve to the Tour 2 weeks ago. I have NEVER experienced the lags that are being described here and it is indeed much faster than my Curve was...and I'm using the OS that comes preloaded out of the box...

08-13-09 05:13 PM
    No lag here accept very occasionally ..You shouldn't have lag though. I'm running the hybrid and I didn't notice any difference with the standard OS.
    08-13-09 05:16 PM
    I just wiped my device with JL Commander, and reinstalled the OS. It's much much snappier. Highly recommended for anyone with lag issues.
    08-13-09 05:32 PM
    i've had my tour since it was released, and i definately agree with the reports of lag. While most of it happens in transitional moments, I can site one specific item that lags 8 times out of 10.

I don't run anything out of the ordinary, and if I happen to have a program running besides the stock programs, it would be aim, fb, or google maps. This is my second BB since the Storm, so I'm very particular to keep no extra programs running in order to keep my tour running as steady as possible.

with that said,

when clicking the sms/mms folder icon from home screen or bb menu it lags to get in a few seconds. very reminiscent of my storm, 3-5 second lag for sure. sometimes it wont even open the menu, it will just remove the red star that indicates new message and remain on the home screen until i press it again, then 3-5 seconds later the inbox in on the screen. The lag prevails whether or not there is a new message.

anyone else have this?
    08-14-09 09:15 PM
    I do have intermittent lag that pisses me off...but i think that has more to do with the signal jumping all around
    08-15-09 01:40 AM
    My Tour lags too, I think its mad at me.. I can't figure out why though.
    08-15-09 02:23 AM
    Some people say the Tour has a little lag upon startup once you get to your desktop, if you wait about another 20 seconds after startup you should be ok. Im sure RIM is working on a tighter OS to fix these little issues. Sometimes 3rd party themes can cause this lag issue. Hope this helps.

I personally have had very very little lag and couldn't be happier with my phone new os or not!
    Last edited by JPatterson350; 08-15-09 at 09:58 AM.
    08-15-09 09:55 AM
    i've had my tour since it was released, and i definately agree with the reports of lag. While most of it happens in transitional moments, I can site one specific item that lags 8 times out of 10.

I don't run anything out of the ordinary, and if I happen to have a program running besides the stock programs, it would be aim, fb, or google maps. This is my second BB since the Storm, so I'm very particular to keep no extra programs running in order to keep my tour running as steady as possible.

with that said,

when clicking the sms/mms folder icon from home screen or bb menu it lags to get in a few seconds. very reminiscent of my storm, 3-5 second lag for sure. sometimes it wont even open the menu, it will just remove the red star that indicates new message and remain on the home screen until i press it again, then 3-5 seconds later the inbox in on the screen. The lag prevails whether or not there is a new message.

anyone else have this?
    Mine does the same exact thing. Friggin infuriating. Thought it was certain apps, so I deleted, restarted....but the same result.
    08-15-09 06:35 PM

the most the best and i think the greatest App. there is is Memory Up Pro. its cured and saved most problems.you can try it free Cberry app store..try it and see if it will work for you.
    08-16-09 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD