I had my Curve for a few days and fell in love, then found out about the Tour and ordered it. After a huge screw up on Sprints end. Everything is fixed. So I activate it on my line last night and EVERY single person, even Sprint, complains of how much I sound muffled, I never received this complaint about my Curve, even moving the phone different angles, still the same comments.

Any of you heard of this so far?

They just sent me out one over night so I will get it tomorrow or Wednesday.

Ahhh my bill is gonna be a WRECK the next month or two
    07-20-09 04:58 PM
    I had my Curve for a few days and fell in love, then found out about the Tour and ordered it. After a huge screw up on Sprints end. Everything is fixed. So I activate it on my line last night and EVERY single person, even Sprint, complains of how much I sound muffled, I never received this complaint about my Curve, even moving the phone different angles, still the same comments.

Good luck, I gave up already after the replacement Tour was as muffled as the first. My manager still teases me asking me if I got that sock out of my mouth yet. I have a Blackberry Curve for work, no issues with sound. I really enjoyed this phone for the 2 days I had it. BTW I am on Verizon, so the problem does not appear to be carrier specific.
    Last edited by stuartnc; 07-20-09 at 06:05 PM.
    07-20-09 06:02 PM
    Did you ever think to adjust the settings on it? My tour is fine and everybody I know that has one luvs it. Maybe its not the phone that's the problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 06:09 PM
    Yeah, I get that I "sound muffled" or "really far away" from time to time, usually when I'm in my basement though.. I'm on Verizon, and there are a few other posts about this issue.
    07-20-09 06:11 PM
    Phone Arena Review:
    Performance:

Call performance was not so good on the 9630. On our end callers sounded a bit distant and hollow, much as they did on the 8350i. Still, we could hear callers fine and had no problems making out what they were saying. They, however, were not as fortunate. They told us it was the worst phone we have ever tested, and that we sounded like we were talking though wax paper and were very hard to hear. There was no static on their end, it was just very poor sound quality. We tried the Sprint HTC Snap and Verizon Pearl Flip at the same time, to eliminate network issues on either end, and the results were the same. We requested another unit, and had better but still poor results. The wax paper effect went away, but callers still complained that we sounded poor and they had a hard time understanding us. Suffice it to say that sound quality is a potential issue.
    07-20-09 06:14 PM
    Only time I get the muffled sound is when I'm outside. The mic seems to really pick up wind noise. Inside though peopel tell me I sound crystal clear.
    07-20-09 06:16 PM
    I get the muffled sound even inside. someone suggested doing treble boost but my phone was already on that setting.

not good, imo. I might try a replacement.
    07-20-09 06:27 PM
    I've spoken to people while inside and outside with no issues.
    07-20-09 06:45 PM
    the best advice is to yourself from your cell to another number...land line etc...then listen to your voice mail and see for yourself how you should. make sure your finger is not over the mic hole on the bottom of the phone.
    07-20-09 07:18 PM
    Yea I've done the treble boost, still the same, thats the only thing I could change correct?

And yea my finger is not over it. I hope the replacement turns out to be a good one!
    07-20-09 07:45 PM
    the best advice is to yourself from your cell to another number...land line etc...then listen to your voice mail and see for yourself how you should. make sure your finger is not over the mic hole on the bottom of the phone.
    I agree. I called my work voice mail from both my phone and from my car via the bluetooth connection just to check things out. Sounds fine to me.
    07-20-09 07:52 PM
    I just bought a tour from sprint and verizon and both of them are junk every body I call says, I sound muffeld and not clear at all I spend 8000 min a month on cell phones and have never had any body complain before both phones are going back I cant believe black berry would put junk out like this tour. and no I am not holding my finger over the mic hole recall recall
    07-29-09 11:03 PM
    -- good thing I don't talk over the phone a lot. My family tells me I sound far away too ah well, my tour can't be *perfect*

07-29-09 11:07 PM

I just bought a tour from sprint and verizon and both of them are junk every body I call says, I sound muffeld and not clear at all I spend 8000 min a month on cell phones and have never had any body complain before both phones are going back I cant believe black berry would put junk out like this tour. and no I am not holding my finger over the mic hole recall recall
    07-29-09 11:18 PM
    I'm hoping a software update fixes it. If not ill live, hate to talk on the phone anyway.

07-29-09 11:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD