Ok I am on my 3rd Tour in the last month or so. My trackball keeps sticking so i keep getting replacements. Well the one I got yesterday was very slow and the trackball is doing the same thing. I know of verizon's no lemon policy, if your phone breaks 3 or more times within 90 day you can for the same reason you can switch devices of equal or lesser value. I did this with my storm for deleting my info all the time.

I called verizon and every person i talked to told me i should be able to get the HTC Eris and blah blah. Well it came down to that wasn't on the list of switchable phones. Well i called back to talk to someone else and i was told they could give me a brand new Tour or a refurb and thats it. The reason was i already had an exception of their policy when i got my TOur for a junk out of my Storm.

So i can not get a different device unless i pay full retail value. I don't see how this is right. What do you guys think or know about this.
    11-17-09 09:58 AM
    Ok I am on my 3rd Tour in the last month or so. My trackball keeps sticking so i keep getting replacements. Well the one I got yesterday was very slow and the trackball is doing the same thing. I know of verizon's no lemon policy, if your phone breaks 3 or more times within 90 day you can for the same reason you can switch devices of equal or lesser value. I did this with my storm for deleting my info all the time.

I called verizon and every person i talked to told me i should be able to get the HTC Eris and blah blah. Well it came down to that wasn't on the list of switchable phones. Well i called back to talk to someone else and i was told they could give me a brand new Tour or a refurb and thats it. The reason was i already had an exception of their policy when i got my TOur for a junk out of my Storm.

So i can not get a different device unless i pay full retail value. I don't see how this is right. What do you guys think or know about this.
    Were the second and third phones you got refurbished or new? I would tell them you want a brand new Tour with a current build date and not a refurb. Sucks they won't let you trade for something else.. not sure what all they offer, but I would have a hard time getting anything other than the Tour.
    11-17-09 10:22 AM
    Well the 2 replacements i got were refurbs. They offered me a brand new tour but I'm just getting tired of having problems with all of my Blackberry's. I wanted the new Eris and They have lied to me many times over the phone including the supervisor. Im going to keep nagging them until they give me something that is what i am looking for, but until then let me know about your problems with junk outs and Verizon.
    11-17-09 11:30 AM
    I am still working with verizon to get this issue resolved. Every since i got my last TOur i can not get my internet to work. I re-sent my service books and have done everything that i did in the past, but who know times to call them again.
    11-26-09 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD