I'm using the Jabra Cruiser bluetooth and pairs great. Unfortunately, callers voice is very low and they complain that they can barely hear me. I've seen other people complain about this issue but have not found one solution. I'm on the road constantly for work so getting this to work is crucial. BB Tour v5.0.0.484. Thanks!
    06-15-10 03:17 PM
    Bluetooth volume with a handsfree device is something that has been extremely unpredictable from release to release. Outgoing volume (the other party being able to hear me) on my in-car bluetooth handsfree was *horrible* when I first got the Tour - the OS was back at 4.5 at the time. Two OS updates failed to change it, then 4.7 fixed it. Then 5.0.0.591 broke it again, and I immediately rolled back to 4.7 (due to other issues as well). Sampling a variety of posts about various builds and leaks and hacks and hybrids reveals that even though RIM and Verizon don't seem to mention bluetooth volume in any of the builds' release notes, it's something that changes from release to release. Some builds are better with BT volume than others. If you do some searching in these forums, you may be able to uncover specifics about what build might serve you better if bluetooth volume is that critical for you.
    06-15-10 11:30 PM
    Thanks RTG, appreciate the feedback. One would think that this would be something RIM & Verizon would get sorted out asap. Especially since in CA we're required to be hands free.
    06-16-10 12:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD