yes I did it. I sold the storm that I adored since day 1... my good ol' curve will keep me company until Niagara comes out.
    It was fun upgrading all the OS's and trying new apps the last few months. sure, I will miss watching movies on that bigger screen... but not as much as I've missed typing on a physical keyboard. I think I've learned that I'm willing to sacrafice the "cool" factor of touch screen/bigger screen for a physical keyboard.
    I can't believe how good it feels typing on my old curve....
    04-19-09 06:05 PM
    yes I did it. I sold the storm that I adored since day 1... my good ol' curve will keep me company until Niagara comes out.
    It was fun upgrading all the OS's and trying new apps the last few months. sure, I will miss watching movies on that bigger screen... but not as much as I've missed typing on a physical keyboard. I think I've learned that I'm willing to sacrafice the "cool" factor of touch screen/bigger screen for a physical keyboard.
    I know what you mean. I wanted to have a touch screen so bad, but I doubt I will ever go that route again.
    04-19-09 06:10 PM
    Well at least you still have a Berry!
    04-19-09 06:19 PM
    i just switched from my curve to a storm, and can honestly say that i enjoy typing on the storm. i dont know if that will change over the next few months, but as of right now im goood
    04-19-09 06:21 PM
    I did the same thing and am waiting for the Niagara but I may look at the Storm 2 when it comes out. Love the big screen.
    04-19-09 06:21 PM
    Well at least you still have a Berry!
    Yeah.. I've been using Bberry for last 4 years. I don't plan on using anything but BBerry for awhile.
    04-19-09 06:25 PM
    Very true ... I miss the keyboard as well. I think it has to do with how faulty/slow the Storm keyboard is. Although its getting fixed its still annoying.
    04-19-09 06:27 PM
    i just switched from my curve to a storm, and can honestly say that i enjoy typing on the storm. i dont know if that will change over the next few months, but as of right now im goood
    Don't get me wrong. I loved my storm. Typing really wasn't a problem on storm. I just didn't realize how much I missed typing on a real keyboard(speed of it mostly). It's just a preference thing.
    I'm sure you'll love your storm just as much as I did.. maybe more...
    I'm just gearing up for the "newer" berry.. just a gadget geek inside me.
    04-19-09 06:28 PM
    I did the same thing and am waiting for the Niagara but I may look at the Storm 2 when it comes out. Love the big screen.
    I haven't read up on storm 2 yet, but if it had a slide out physical keyboard, I would ditch the Niagara and jump on that quick.
    04-19-09 06:29 PM
    I haven't read up on storm 2 yet, but if it had a slide out physical keyboard, I would ditch the Niagara and jump on that quick.
    i believe the 99xx codename pluto is said to be touchscreen + qwerty. haven't seen anything on it yet tho.
    04-19-09 06:50 PM
    I will admit that I love my storm but that Niagara keyboard is a nice thing..
    04-19-09 07:44 PM
    You will not be disappointed. Yes the large screen on the Storm is nice, and it's a good media centric, and browsing device. But if you need to bang out emails and use it for corporate/professional use, the 9630 is definitely the way to go.
    04-19-09 07:46 PM
    The Storm is definitely not for everyone. I am sure you will be in bliss with the Niagara in your hands.
    04-19-09 07:57 PM
    Slide out keyboard? No thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 08:03 PM
    i believe the 99xx codename pluto is said to be touchscreen + qwerty. haven't seen anything on it yet tho.
    The 99XX is not the Pluto. The 9900 is code name "Pluto." Two different things.
    04-19-09 08:35 PM
    Sold my Storm as well. CAN'T wait till the niagara is out.
    04-19-09 08:50 PM
    I think the storm 2 sounds like a good idea and I would really be interested in getting it, but not if it was a slide out keyboard
    04-19-09 08:51 PM
    Does anyone know if the niagra will be on the verizon network?
    04-19-09 09:04 PM
    Yes, it will.
    04-19-09 09:38 PM
    You will not be disappointed. Yes the large screen on the Storm is nice, and it's a good media centric, and browsing device. But if you need to bang out emails and use it for corporate/professional use, the 9630 is definitely the way to go.
    Over the past 5 months of owning the Storm, I definitely did more emailing/BBM messaging than browsing. So a physical keyboard makes more sense for me. Looking forward to it.
    04-19-09 09:42 PM
    Does anyone know if the niagra will be on the verizon network?
    Yes it will be.
    04-19-09 09:46 PM
    they should rename niagra crippled
    What part is crippled on upcoming niagara? I know there's no wifi, but neither does the storm. so it's no more "crippled" then current storm. am I missing something else?? Some other stuff I should be aware of??
    04-19-09 09:46 PM
    How much are you guys selling yours Storms for? I'm just curious, I've been on the fence about selling the Storm and going back to my old BB. I guess if I got a decent amount I'd do it.
    04-20-09 12:08 AM
    I think the storm 2 sounds like a good idea and I would really be interested in getting it, but not if it was a slide out keyboard
    Yeah I was looking at the storm 2 also but I would def stick with my original storm if the new one has a slide out keyboard. I'm just not into that whole look. Besides I'm not having trouble with my Storm now so I really doubt if I'll be looking for a new phone soon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 12:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD