Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default iToy is just not ready for business yet!

I'm a rep for for an outdoor advertising company in northern CA. Today I arranged a conference call with one of our largest clients. Turns out the number of people involved was too great for a conference call, so we decided to to place our phones on speaker and allow everyone opportunity to give their input. I charged up my trusty Blackberry Tour, set it to speaker, placed it on my dining table and dialed the number. The connection was made within the same state (50miles away) and we began our meeting. I noticed right- away the dialog from their end was cutting in and out. I asked if they could hear us clearly and they said we sounded as if we were sitting in the room! I suggested they reposition the phone our move closer to the microphone. The problem only worsened and all the while they could still hear all of us clearly. I asked the client (a VP) what device he was using and he told me it was an iPhone 3G. When I told him we could could barely hear anything from their end he went "Fanboy" on me and started a lecture on the benefits of iToy. I suggested we hang up and re-connect, as soon as the connection was made it immediately dropped completely. I had hoped we could hammer out some business on a Saturday and not have to open up the office to use a hard-line but "no go." I took the blame because he's the the customer... All the while knowing it was his iToy that prevented proper business from being conducted. The moral of the story is... Blackberry is for business, and was made for business. Keep your iToy to impress your friends and family, but don't attempt to bring it into the business world where it doesn't belong.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Well said. If the you can't make calls and hear them, then it's really just an iPod Touch with a slow connection.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts

+1 for Blackberry Power.
    Perhaps life is just that...a dream and a fear.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

The BlackBerry is unbeatable as a business device. Which is why its better to just buy the iPod Touch with wifi for music, vids etc.. and stick with the BB for serious biz

CrackBerry Abuser

+1 on this! Some people never learn...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,893 Global Posts

Wait for it...

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    280B6AC9

+1

I can't take people seriously with their iPhones, somehow. (First impression matters)
    Mad Hatter: Have I gone mad?
    Alice: Im afraid so. Youre entirely bonkers. But Ill tell you a secret. All the best people are.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    PIN
    Friendly chat - NO LOVE CONNECTIONS!!

Well said. This justifies my reasoning for having a BB and an iPod Touch.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,237 Global Posts

so the moral of the story is....

at&t sucks?

i fail to see how your story has anything to do with the handsets involved.
    CrackBerry User

No, it's the iPhone that sucks. It's a great multimedia device, but it seems to be issues with the phone itself. Stuff like that is why I got rid of my iPhone and now sport a BB and an iPod Touch (and I know several power users in my company who have done the same).
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    PIN
    .ask me.

wait for it ...
    Blackberry / Bellshare / Epic / SocialScope
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Quote Originally Posted by jakeh0 View Post

at&t sucks?

I really don't care if it"s the phone or the network! The fact is the iToy was not up to the task. Seeing how the iToy is ONLY availible on AT&T anyhow I fail to see how your post makes any sense.

CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by jakeh0 View Post

at&t sucks?

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by BerryGroupie View Post
    In my opinion, pulling out a BlackBerry while in a meeting says you're a serious professional.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by xela730 View Post
    I really don't care if it"s the phone or the network! The fact is the iToy was not up to the task. Seeing how the iToy is ONLY availible on AT&T anyhow I fail to see how your post makes any sense.

Spoken with the logic of a 9 year old!
    In my opinion, pulling out a BlackBerry while in a meeting says you're a serious professional.
    CrackBerry User

I'm a rep for for an outdoor advertising company in northern CA. Today I arranged a conference call with one of our largest clients. Turns out the number of people involved was too great for a conference call, so we decided to to place our phones on speaker and allow everyone opportunity to give their input. I charged up my trusty Blackberry Tour, set it to speaker, placed it on my dining table and dialed the number. The connection was made within the same state (50miles away) and we began our meeting. I noticed right- away the dialog from their end was cutting in and out. I asked if they could hear us clearly and they said we sounded as if we were sitting in the room! I suggested they reposition the phone our move closer to the microphone. The problem only worsened and all the while they could still hear all of us clearly. I asked the client (a VP) what device he was using and he told me it was an iPhone 3G. When I told him we could could barely hear anything from their end he went "Fanboy" on me and started a lecture on the benefits of iToy. I suggested we hang up and re-connect, as soon as the connection was made it immediately dropped completely. I had hoped we could hammer out some business on a Saturday and not have to open up the office to use a hard-line but "no go." I took the blame because he's the the customer... All the while knowing it was his f-----g iToy that prevented proper business from being conducted. The moral of the story is... Blackberry is for business, and was made for business. Keep your iToy to impress your friends and family, but don't attempt to bring it into the business world where it doesn't belong.
    That has nothing to do with it being an iphone or whatever... It's A T T and they suck... the only reason they had customers is because of that itoy. LOL Verizon's Droids are going to kill A T T and the iphone...
    BB Tour, BB Storm, BB Curve - all Verizon
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,846 Global Posts

I don't think the iPhone is going anywhere. You could start laying in about RIM's failure to get rid of truncated e-mails, the crappy browser, the "slowness" to innovate, the lack of high end specs, and just turn into a flame fest. We all know what each phone is capable of and in the end, it's what you like. Why people must debate opinion is beyond me. I personally have never used an iPhone but why would there be so many sold if they were such crappy devices?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

Quote Originally Posted by MisterObvious View Post
    I don't think the iPhone is going anywhere. You could start laying in about RIM's failure to get rid of truncated e-mails, the crappy browser, the "slowness" to innovate, the lack of high end specs, and just turn into a flame fest. We all know what each phone is capable of and in the end, it's what you like. Why people must debate opinion is beyond me. I personally have never used an iPhone but why would there be so many sold if they were such crappy devices?
    I don't care to know how or why so many iToys have been sold. I only care about being able to conduct proper business. Called the VP yesterday, he was driving and using Bluetooth (I assume). The sound from his end was so bad I was forced to tell him (again) he should move to Blackberry for his business calls and email. Lo and behold he agreed, noting many complaints from other contacts and dropped calls. There is no argument... The PHONE on the iToy sucks!

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

Droid, iPhone, Incredible, EVO, etc.. whatever you want to call it. Toy devices. Fun for watching lil wayne videos and sending pix to your friends in 9th grade, but all will fail at doing their main job, being a phone and email device.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Redsox34 View Post
    Droid, iPhone, Incredible, EVO, etc.. whatever you want to call it. Toy devices. Fun for watching lil wayne videos and sending pix to your friends in 9th grade, but all will fail at doing their main job, being a phone and email device.
    So every phone but a blackberry is a toy? Really?

And to make it worse, you carry one of the WORST blackberrys available!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,499 Global Posts
    PIN
    33257ED2

Thumbs down Weak

I'm a rep for for an outdoor advertising company in northern CA. Today I arranged a conference call with one of our largest clients. Turns out the number of people involved was too great for a conference call, so we decided to to place our phones on speaker and allow everyone opportunity to give their input. I charged up my trusty Blackberry Tour, set it to speaker, placed it on my dining table and dialed the number. The connection was made within the same state (50miles away) and we began our meeting. I noticed right- away the dialog from their end was cutting in and out. I asked if they could hear us clearly and they said we sounded as if we were sitting in the room! I suggested they reposition the phone our move closer to the microphone. The problem only worsened and all the while they could still hear all of us clearly. I asked the client (a VP) what device he was using and he told me it was an iPhone 3G. When I told him we could could barely hear anything from their end he went "Fanboy" on me and started a lecture on the benefits of iToy. I suggested we hang up and re-connect, as soon as the connection was made it immediately dropped completely. I had hoped we could hammer out some business on a Saturday and not have to open up the office to use a hard-line but "no go." I took the blame because he's the the customer... All the while knowing it was his f-----g iToy that prevented proper business from being conducted. The moral of the story is... Blackberry is for business, and was made for business. Keep your iToy to impress your friends and family, but don't attempt to bring it into the business world where it doesn't belong.
    Weak post -10. I hardly believe someone started ranting about the benefits of their smartphone in a conference call all because you said you could barely hear them just doesn't add up. but if..... you....say.....so And now you have convinced him all of a sudden to get a Blackberry ahahahahaha awww man the stories people come up with when they don't have anything better to do
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 05-25-2010 at 07:54 PM.
    Words of Reason sent from my Nexus