I just got a 9630 Tour for Sprint, and I'm having a fairly major problem that I'm sure there's just a quick easy fix for, but I can't for the life of me find it. I've googled and searched here, but got nothing, so I figured I'd use my first post to ask.

Basically, I cannot access my email. I owned a Blackberry Curve prior to this Tour and already have a blackberry account setup. I've got it in the email settings of my NEW Blackberry.

The 9630 isn't downloading any mail, so I went in to email settings, entered my username and password (yes, correctly, I've done it many times), and it brings me to my list of three email accounts. I'll click one, click edit, scroll down to the password area and type my password and click save.

It processes for a few seconds and comes back with "Sorry, unable to continue your session. Please log in again" - I click OK, and get thrown back to my Blackberry Internet Service login page.

I've tried everything I personally know how to from trying to open a new Blackberry Internet Service account, it wouldn't let me ("The application has encountered an error and cannot continue")... I've tried "add existing account," and it did the same thing it did when I tried to edit an account, threw me back into the login screen. I've even tried adding an account that's not on any BB yet... and I get the unable to continue message.

Obviously, I have a BB for a reason, and I'm not gonna lie to you, email's one of those reasons I'm just at wit's end. I got the BB yesterday, so I've had it activated for a full 24 hours. I'm trying to think of everything it could be and I'm hoping that I'm just missing something overly obvious that's a quick fix. Sorry for being long winded, tried to get every bit of information possible.

Thanks in advance,

-JC
    08-01-09 01:10 PM
    Look at your network indicator. Is it showing 1x or 1xev? If it is, then you are not connected to the RIM servers.
    08-01-09 01:13 PM
    Did you re-send service books? Are you accessing BIS from a PC or your device?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 01:16 PM
    Also, make sure that on the BIS you change the PIN and MEID for your device.
    08-01-09 01:22 PM
    Well, now I can't login to BIS via my PC... Says "Your Blackberry Internet Service Account is suspended or deactivated. Please contact your wireless provider." Calling Sprint now.

Thanks y'all...
    Last edited by jc78; 08-01-09 at 01:44 PM. Reason: changing quote
    08-01-09 01:24 PM
    Sometimes when you switch BlackBerrys it locks up the BIS account, a call to 1-877-654-9111 Sprints business device support should fix it quickly.
    08-01-09 02:25 PM
    Yikes! Hope you get it all sorted out!
    08-01-09 02:30 PM
    Well, now I can't login to BIS via my PC... Says "Your Blackberry Internet Service Account is suspended or deactivated. Please contact your wireless provider." Calling Sprint now.

Thanks y'all...
    I got the same exact message when I upgraded to the Tour on Sprint a few weeks ago. I think the account sometimes gets suspended when you upgrade. I actually made a new BIS account for the new phone, although I should probably call them and make sure the old one is deactivated... Otherwise my email addresses and passwords are just sitting out there.

Good luck!
    08-01-09 03:04 PM
    so Network Technology should be set at GSM/UMTS , 1XEV, or Global ?
    08-01-09 09:03 PM
    I've got mine at 1xev... which, for the record, does NOT mean you are not connected to the RIM servers. It shows 1XEV right now and I have no problem whatsoever with accessing the web or getting my email.

I, too, ended up just setting up a new account, it seemed to be the easiest way. Lame, but the easiest way, you'd think it'd go a little smoother.

-JC
    08-02-09 07:23 PM
    I actually chatted with Sprint & they made the swap from my curve 8330 email to be used on my new Tour . so I dont have to create a new email for BB..
    08-04-09 02:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD