I recently downloaded the app Urbanspoon after seeing it on the Droid. I keep receiving the error "You do not have sufficient wireless coverage or your connection to the wireless network is turned off." I can click ok or diagnostics. Below is the log from diagnostics. I have a friend on verizon who was able to download and use this app with no issue.

App Name: Urbanspoon
    App Version: 1.0.11
    Device Name: 9630
    Device Name: 5.0.0.591
    Current Network Index: 0
    Network Type: 4
    Signal Level: -95
    GPRS State: 1
    Active WAFs: 2
    Coverage Info Status: 7
    Coverage Info WAF_3GPP: 0
    Coverage Info WAF_CDMA: 7
    Coverage Info WAF_IDEN: 0
    Coverage Info WAF_WLAN: 0
    Coverage Info Sufficient MDS WAF: true
    Coverage Info Sufficient BIS_B WAF: true
    Coverage Info Sufficient DIRECT WAF: true
    Coverage Info Out Of Coverage: false
    Coverage Info Sufficient MDS: true
    Coverage Info Sufficient BIS_B: true
    Coverage Info Sufficient DIRECT: true

I hope someone can figure this out!

Thank for your help!
    04-15-10 07:17 AM
    I'm not sure how to interpret the log. Do you have all permissions set to ALLOW for the app?
    04-15-10 09:21 AM
    I have the same issue. All permissions are set to allow, except "security time out", which is changed to "custom" due to my company's IT policy. I wouldn't think that would be causing this issue, though.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
    05-10-10 03:49 AM
    I have the same issue. All permissions are set to allow, except "security time out", which is changed to "custom" due to my company's IT policy. I wouldn't think that would be causing this issue, though.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
    I would guess that the "security time out" being set to custom is causing your problem. That setting has caused issues for me in the past with certain applications. Fortunately for me, I am on a subscribed BES rather than a company BES. Once I had the Exchange service change the "secuity time out" it allowed me to change the permissions to allow and this solved my problem.
    05-10-10 06:14 AM

Any thoughts? Thanks!
    If you read the review of Urbanspoon for BB in BBapp world, it seems that almost everyone is having this issue. If youre having problems, I would simply copy the log of the error over to Urbanspoon's customer service team (if they have one) and have them look at the thing. I'm sure they have to know its a problem already with so many people unable to connect, but your feedback could help them improve the app in future builds/releases (hopefully ones that work!!!)
    05-10-10 09:59 AM

Any thoughts? Thanks!
    I'm using UrbanSpoon v 1.0.11 on a BES-controlled Verizon 9630 running OS 4.7.1.61.
    Browser Filtering is set to "Deny."
    Recording is set to "Prompt."
    Security Timer Reset is set to "Prompt."
    All other permissions are set to "Allow."
    UrbanSpoon works perfectly in my configuration.
    05-10-10 11:03 AM
    I'm using UrbanSpoon v 1.0.11 on a BES-controlled Verizon 9630 running OS 4.7.1.61.
    Browser Filtering is set to "Deny."
    Recording is set to "Prompt."
    Security Timer Reset is set to "Prompt."
    All other permissions are set to "Allow."
    UrbanSpoon works perfectly in my configuration.

Thanks Jeff. Too bad I can't change the Security Timer Reset on my phone. Its locked on "Deny" due to the IT Policy on my phone.
    05-10-10 03:51 PM
    Thanks Jeff. Too bad I can't change the Security Timer Reset on my phone. Its locked on "Deny" due to the IT Policy on my phone.
    I have good news and bad news. Since you can't change your Security Timer Reset to test it, I changed mine from "Prompt" to "Deny." The good news is, Urbanspoon continues to work perfectly with Security Reset Timer set to "Deny." The bad news is that still doesn't fix your problem, it just means it's somewhere else. But at least it may be fixable if it isn't due to your IT policy.
    05-10-10 04:16 PM
    I am having the same problem too. It work fine when i first downloaded. I guess ill wait for an answer.
    02-26-11 10:27 PM
    Yeah having similar problems with this app myself.
    03-04-11 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD