Hey all. I've been struggling with a stupid issue recently. I recently upgraded to OS 5.0.0.975 on my tour. The reason for the upgrade was a recent "Reload software 552" error. Ever since upgrading I haven't been able to figure out how to use specific tones for specific people when it comes to SMS texts. Ring tones seem to work fine.

I've read a bunch of different posts with people having a similar issue, and I've tried what others have suggested. I still haven't had any luck. I've gone in and created my own profile instead of using one of the profiles that comes with the phone. I then went in to "Set Contact Alerts". I chose to "Add contact Alert". Where it says Contact alert at the top, I named it "wife". I then added my wifes name to the alert. I went through and setup her ring tone, and SMS tone. Ring tone works great, but SMS text remains as the primary profiles tone. Not sure what I'm missing, so maybe someone can help me out? It's extremely frustrating.

Here are the message settings I have for her contact alert:

Ring Tone: Notifier_Dimples
    Volume: Active Profile
    Count: 1
    Play Sound: Active Profile

LED: Active Profile

Vibration: Custom
    Length: Short
    Count: 2
    Vibrate: Always
    Vibrate with Ring Tone: Active Profile

Notify me during calls: No

And here are the settings I have for the primary profile's SMS

Ring Tone: Notifier_ChiGong
    Volume: (normal) 7
    Count: (normal) 1
    Play Sound: Always

LED: (normal) On

Vibration: (normal) Custom
    Length: Short
    Count: 2
    Vibrate: Always
    Vibrate with Ring Tone: (normal) off

Notify me during calls: No

Thanks for any input.
    -RYknow
    05-02-11 09:43 PM
    If you have hyphens between the numbers like xxx-xxx-xxxx, try taking out the hyphens so the number reads xxxxxxxxxx

Then have her try and text you...
    05-03-11 12:57 AM
    Sweet!! Your the man! I didn't have any hyphens in the numbers, but I did have spaces in the number (xxx xxx xxxx). After getting rid of the spaces, my custom SMS tones are working great! Thanks again!

-RYknow

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-11 11:46 AM
    With OS 5 it is pretty easy to set custom ringtones in the address book for each contact you want. You don't have to change profiles to do it. Custom ringtones over rides profile ringtones.
    05-03-11 03:30 PM
    If you have hyphens between the numbers like xxx-xxx-xxxx, try taking out the hyphens so the number reads xxxxxxxxxx

Then have her try and text you...
    Great call, worked like a champ

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-11 11:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD