Two days ago I purchased the Blackberry Tour.
    I've been customizing it, and I'm suddenly at a standstill where I can't figure something out.

All I want:
    Vibrate when ringing.
    1 Vibrate for SMS or BBM.
    2 Vibrates for Emails.

My Problem:
    No matter what I do or what settings I change, I get 2 vibrates for SMS and BBM.

I've gone into the settings and changed everything, in "Set Ring Tones/Alerts", and under "Messages" and "Vibrate" I've seleted "Custom" and "1 Vibrate".

Yet it continutes to vibrate twice. I know this shouldn't bother me this much, but it's irritating.

I've tried restarting the phone, pulling out the battery and changing the settings over and over again.

Am I missing a valuable step? Or is my phone glitching?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    11-28-09 03:25 PM
    Try creating a custom profile. I made one and I get one vibrate for SMS/MMS and BBM.
    11-28-09 04:41 PM
    Oh, thank you!
    That worked!

It must have been a glitch somewhere in the system preventing me from allowing to do it in the normal "Vibrate Only" mode. Hopefully that can be fixed.
    11-28-09 05:01 PM
    You're welcome, I was glad I was able to help!
    11-28-09 05:06 PM
    You need 3rd party software to allow vibrate and ringing at the same time unless a new OS changes that
    11-28-09 06:25 PM
    You need 3rd party software to allow vibrate and ringing at the same time unless a new OS changes that

What is that 3rd party software and where can I get it? I am having the same issues with all the settings of the profiles changing when I change the settings for one of them.
    11-28-09 08:08 PM
    I have BerryBuzz and that allows my phone to vibrate while ringing. Oh yeah and in Vibrate Only mode everything vibrates twice. The settings that you set are only for Normal mode. You cannot customize the others. Sucks but I still love my Tour anyway.
    11-29-09 12:34 AM
    I have BerryBuzz and that allows my phone to vibrate while ringing. Oh yeah and in Vibrate Only mode everything vibrates twice. The settings that you set are only for Normal mode. You cannot customize the others. Sucks but I still love my Tour anyway.
    That does suck! I have had Berries for years and have been able to customize each profile along the way. Why have all the other profiles if you can't keep each one???
    11-30-09 06:45 PM
    That does suck! I have had Berries for years and have been able to customize each profile along the way. Why have all the other profiles if you can't keep each one???
    you can't customize other ones but you can make your own. i made my own custom profile and it works the way i want it to.
    11-30-09 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD