Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Irc client

Is there a IRC client out yet? I can't find a working one. jmirc give me invalid url.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

i havent found a good one yet
    CrackBerry User

anyone have a workaround for the invalid url error? It worked fine on my curve 8330 but now on my tour it doesnt work.
    thanks
    Sprint Tour 9630 OS 5.0.0.484 - hooray for threaded SMS!
    former phone: Sprint Curve 8330 OS 4.5.0.175
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    K on the inside

What is IRC?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

CrackBerry User

Here we go!
    big thanks to forum user Kaediil for recompiling jmirc to work for us. tested on my BB tour 9630 and works great!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/tou...5/index10.html
    Last edited by bmwtech; 02-21-2010 at 09:07 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by bmwtech View Post
    Here we go!
    big thanks to forum user Kaediil for recompiling jmirc to work for us. tested on my BB tour 9630 and works great!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/tou...5/index10.html
    Umm... I can connect to a server but I can't message or join a channel unless I'm doing something wrong.
    CrackBerry User

i use the beta from jmirc's site, change the advanced settings to connect through BIS instead of "default" and it works fine...
    CrackBerry User

Thanks Neutral.
    Here is what he is talking about. From Jmirc's site:

News 2010-02-16
    Those who own a BlackBerry device, I recommend to check out the beta version of jmIrc at http://jmirc.sf.net/beta/jmIrc.jad which has some BlackBerry specific options. For example you should be now able to connect through WiFi or BES/MDS from the advanced settings. Reportedly also users that need a BIS connection might have better connectivity with the new BlackBerry connection mode. I hope this will help those users who have had connection problems before. Also if you want to support jmIrc development, please consider donating!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by neutral View Post
    i use the beta from jmirc's site, change the advanced settings to connect through BIS instead of "default" and it works fine...

Quote Originally Posted by bmwtech View Post
    Thanks Neutral.
    Here is what he is talking about. From Jmirc's site:

News 2010-02-16
    Those who own a BlackBerry device, I recommend to check out the beta version of jmIrc at http://jmirc.sf.net/beta/jmIrc.jad which has some BlackBerry specific options. For example you should be now able to connect through WiFi or BES/MDS from the advanced settings. Reportedly also users that need a BIS connection might have better connectivity with the new BlackBerry connection mode. I hope this will help those users who have had connection problems before. Also if you want to support jmIrc development, please consider donating!
    I just spend the past 3 days trying to get the other irc client to work
    But this one works great. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Still not connected..
    I tried the jmirc 0.96 it works at the first time then it never connect
    I use this beta version.. Still the same.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Question re:Irc client

I have a BlackBerry/curve 8530 smart phone. I have meny times tryed to d/l the prog Jmirc at "http://jmirc.sf.net/beta/jmIrc.jad" from my Blackberry phone and always end up with "HTTP error code 404: not found". I can d/l Jmirc on to my desktop computer. But I end up with a file called "jmric.jad". Fileinfo.com gives me the following file description for the file ext JAD "Descriptor file that describes the contents of a MIDlet, a type of Java program developed for the Java ME virtual machine; commonly used to package Java games and applications developed for cell phones" I do not know how to decompress a JAD file to a ALX/ALI format that the Blackberry can use. Can someone please tell me how to get the Jmirc prog working on the Blackberry.

Steve
    -----quote------
    News 2010-02-16