After the fiasco I went through to get my tour, it came today. Activated the phone but the interent did not work. Called sprint twice tonight and spoke with someone in BB Support. The lady I just finished speaking to told me to take it to a store to be swapped out for a new one because there is something obviously wrong with the one I have. WHen I mentioned to her that these aren't even available in stores until Aug, she said they would have to order me a new one. Just lovely.

My question is, has anyone else had a problem similar to this? Can't configure the network or get it to get it to connect to the network. Can send and receive calls and text messages.

So frustrating.....this is my first Blackberry and I know I have a ton to learn about it and everything I can do with it, but I can't even do any of it yet since I potentially have to send it back tomorrow.
    07-17-09 11:35 PM
    I dont think that is a problem with your phone. It sounds like they are having problems putting it on BIS.
    07-17-09 11:46 PM
    You do have the browser show up? Can you get emails? Sure does not sound like a phone issue to me.
    07-18-09 12:05 AM
    have you tried resending your service books?
    07-18-09 12:06 AM
    I'm having the same problems, they insist there is a problem with my plan, (on a 3rd party employee plan), which worked absolutely fine with my curve before.
    07-18-09 12:09 AM
    nothing wrong with the phone You have 1xev showing in th upper right corner. It should be 1XEV.

Call customer support and tell them that. The phone isn't registering. After they walk you thru s couple of steps it will register. Then you will need them to get the Browser icon to show. its a simple process, just don't remember the steps. Had to do it on two of them yesterday.
    07-18-09 12:10 AM
    Mine had the same problem, and it WAS a broken phone. I tried everything from these forums, called tech. support, took it back to the store and they couldn't even figure out, so returned my phone got a new one and it works perfectly right out of the box!
    07-18-09 12:19 AM
    After the fiasco I went through to get my tour, it came today. Activated the phone but the interent did not work. Called sprint twice tonight and spoke with someone in BB Support. The lady I just finished speaking to told me to take it to a store to be swapped out for a new one because there is something obviously wrong with the one I have. WHen I mentioned to her that these aren't even available in stores until Aug, she said they would have to order me a new one. Just lovely.

My question is, has anyone else had a problem similar to this? Can't configure the network or get it to get it to connect to the network. Can send and receive calls and text messages.

So frustrating.....this is my first Blackberry and I know I have a ton to learn about it and everything I can do with it, but I can't even do any of it yet since I potentially have to send it back tomorrow.
    I have been having the same issue. I was on the phone with Sprint BB support trying to get it provisioned when the rep advised me she received an email saying they were having issues with the provisioning part of their system. Now mind you that was around 7 p.m. and she told me to try & update my profile in a couple of hours...still no data. There is a thread in the Sprint forum about a major outage on the east coast today.
    07-18-09 12:22 AM
    first make sure your getting 1XEV signal not just 1x. if youre not getting an EV signal, try turning off and on the antenna under Manage Connection. if its still not receiving an EV signal can also try running a diagnostic test under Manage Connection->Mobile Network Options-> Menu Button->Diagnostic Test-> Menu Button-> Run. the last thing you can try is a soft reset "alt+shift+del". once you get an EV it should automatically push the browser through, if not you can register it manually under Options-> Advance Options-> Host Routing Tables-> Menu Button-> Register Now
    07-18-09 12:22 AM
    Mine worked fine.
    07-18-09 12:27 AM
    I had issues activating my device...when I first called in I specifically asked the first rep if she knew how to activate blackberries, and she said yes. All we did on the phone was change my phone number in the OS...which supposedly is the first and only step to avtivation now with the new BB's. However, this didn't work. I asked to be xferred to bb tech support after 30 min with her, and then spent another 45min with tech support. The rep I got sounded like a ******* *****...with a strong southern drawal. He told me he didn't even know sprint was getting a new bb until earlier this weeek, and he's been w/the company for years. WTF!!!??? He also advised he had an activation issue 30min prior to my call. He said the new BB's automatically attach themself to the BIS and provision themselves automatically as well, so on their end there is really nothing they need to do. Interesting. For whatever reason my phone didn't attach itself right out of the box, so I had to fo a handheld wipe not once - BUT TWICE! Including multiple battery pulls(is it me, or is the tour battery really tricky to remove!?) You can only imagine how long this took. At least its working fine now. Best phone I've ever used, without a doubt!!! I am def. impressed. Hats off to RIM! Oh, and during our conversation the rep goes " you must be one of them here fellow who reads the crackberry?" I was like uhh, yeah I do. And he replies: " I google crackberry all the time to help out customers who ask questions that we've
    never been trained on." Heh. Wow.

EDIT: what seemed to do the trick for us, was going into the host routing table - and then updating the profile(provisioning). After doing this, I was online and received all services within m
    inutes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 12:45 AM
    Did you switch the PIN and MEID on your BIS account or set a new one (BIS) up?
    07-18-09 12:51 AM
    I had sprint for a little over two years... (And) Even if you know how to fix ur problem now... Don't put up with their crap! They will fix it, or exchange ur phone for free.. And if you let em' walk all over ya.. They will! I don't know anyone who's had a problem yet... But I just signed with verison.. (Not my fav.. But no problems yet!...) Good Luck!

-xXThurbsXx-

<Href=www.muralsandfauxfinishesindenver.blogspot.c om/a>
    07-18-09 01:17 AM
    Please read the post I just made, it will help you!

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...59#post3085359
    07-18-09 02:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD