In the UK right now, have tour and bold phone with me.

tour has Orange card , calling works no problem, texting works when I delete all my SMS

bold has sprint international enable, data working no problem, texting not working, when a text comes it says blackberry device memory full problem.
    (when I was in the US, I didnt have this issue)

My SMS is a little big, DB is 11MB. However I dont really want to resort to deleting texts since I like to archive them as long as possible.

Is there any work around for this? besides deleting my texts?
    06-06-10 02:29 PM
    Are there any applications you can live without? (brick breaker, note pad, help, password keeper, tasks, etc)

That will help free some space.
    06-06-10 02:34 PM
    I should clarify, "blackberry device memory full problem! Delete some SMS texts".

That is the mesg, phone has plenty of memory left. I think this has something to do with the GSM network. Very odd. I just dont want to lose all my SMS on primary work phone.
    06-06-10 02:40 PM
    Maybe you can copy some of the old conversations and email them to yourself? I dont think there will be any work arounds for that.

If you have a computer you can do a back up, and delete after that, that way you have a copy of them that can be loaded back to the device at a later time.
    06-06-10 02:42 PM
    I agree, if you have computer access, back up your SMS with your computer and then delete them on the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-10 02:58 PM
    got it. will there be anyway to mesh the restore process? IE, backup, delete, back to states restore, but keep whatever has come in prior? if not will just have to manually save them or something.
    06-06-10 03:25 PM
    Unfortunately you will not be able to mesh them like keep the old and the new. You will have to chose which ones.

A great option for you would be to try using Google Voice, of course you need an invite, but then you can archive them.
    06-06-10 03:26 PM
    There's a program that will let you read them from the backup file on the computer. I think it's abc viewer but I could be mistaken as I've never used it.

I don't believe there's a way to merge the old messages back onto the device though with the new ones also. It will overwrite the current messages if you restore the old ones, from what I've seen.

I guess manually saving them will be your only option if you wish to keep them on your device for some reason.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-10 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD