Could I purchase the Tour at Best Buy and add the Verizon Insurance plan (Asurion) afterwords? Within the allowed time period of course (30 Days)? If not what is the Best Buy protection plan? I hear they don't cover phone loss. I'm gonna try to pick up the Tour at a Verizon store first but if i can't get it there I was gonna try next door at Best Buy. Just want to make sure I can get insurance.
    07-10-09 05:49 PM
    Could I purchase the Tour at Best Buy and add the Verizon Insurance plan (Asurion) afterwords? Within the allowed time period of course (30 Days)? If not what is the Best Buy protection plan? I hear they don't cover phone loss. I'm gonna try to pick up the Tour at a Verizon store first but if i can't get it there I was gonna try next door at Best Buy. Just want to make sure I can get insurance.
    Anyone know the answer to this?
    07-15-09 11:59 AM
    When I got my phone from BestBuy they put the Verizon insurance plan on for me right then.
    07-15-09 12:01 PM
    I believe you have 15 day
    07-15-09 12:03 PM
    I called this morning to add it to my phone and she said I have 30 days to add/change the insurance. Basically you have your entire 30 day return period to add insurance.
    07-15-09 01:41 PM
    Don't add the verizon insurance it is completely over priced. Talk to the agent that has your renters or homeowners policy and get it added on a personal articles floater. It will be better coverage, MUCH less expensive, and a lower deductible. The Verizon plan is a joke to anyone in the insurance industry.
    07-15-09 03:19 PM
    Your homeowners insurance policy won't cover your device if something happens to it outside your home.
    This could not be further from the truth. Please do not mislead people with these ideas. Just as an FYI, your homeowners policy covers your personal property everywhere in the world.
    07-16-09 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD