The mods can delete this if they want. But I searched for installing 5.0 on verizon tour all kinds of different ways and I cannot find out how to install it from sprint or however you do it. I hear there are many posts telling you how but I can't find one. All I see is post talking about 5.0 and things to do with it like how to use it.

Again, feel free to delete this if you can point me in the right direction but I'm sitting here wanting to do it right now because i wanted threaded text.

Also is this gonna screw my phone? How safe and reliable is this? 100% vz navigator still work?
    02-12-10 08:22 PM
    All you have to do is delete the vendor file, and it will let you install the OS. As for vz navigator I have no clue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-10 08:33 PM
    All you have to do is delete the vendor file, and it will let you install the OS. As for vz navigator I have no clue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    How do I do that? And where do I get the os? from desktop manager after i delete the vendor file?
    02-12-10 08:40 PM
    Nevermind I see the sticky now. If I don't like it how do I downgrade?

I'm also downloading the Alltel one in the new one. Is there anyway to get sprint instead and is the alltel one a new one? And will it automatically send me the updates? Like when it's still 5.0 but goes to the next one?

This is 5.0.0.674 I want to make sure I have the newest. Please reply quickly before I install it. And is alltel the best one to do for verizon?
    02-12-10 08:47 PM
    To downgrade all you have to do is install the verizon official 4.7 to your computer and the load in onto the phone.
    02-12-10 09:04 PM
    It isn't working. It shows 5.0 for 9630 in desktop manager and I check it under what I want installed. I click next. And then it gets to the next page and says "No updates are required for your device. And you can only go to main menu or back! What do I do?
    02-12-10 09:09 PM
    I clicked load.exe instead of doing it in desktop manager and I think it's doing it.
    02-12-10 09:21 PM
    Already glad I did it! 5.0 after a battery pull loads way faster!!!! all apps are working including vz navigator. I love the way the sms is like bb messenger. The only thing I had to redownload is google sync, gmail, bb messenger, myspace, and facebook.

I love 5.0! no lag when my phone starts.
    02-12-10 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD