i recently purchased my tour, and i went to try to install the CD it came with on my laptop, which is a windows vista based machine. and the window it pulls up is blank and nothing happens.. I tried multiple times and still it failed. then i tried it on my desktop which is a windows xp machine, and same thing.. does anyone know why its not working?? any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    08-02-09 09:26 PM
    I can't offer any help, but I can tell you that mine did the same thing when I tried to install it yesterday. Also on a Vista machine. I didn't try it on the 2 that we have that are XP.
    08-02-09 09:28 PM
    Could be a bad CD?

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com

Go there and download the Desktop Manager instead.
    08-02-09 09:29 PM
    Also might want to try to run the setup application as administrator. Don't know if it would help any, as I don't have Vista.
    08-02-09 09:30 PM
    thanks for the link danoh, i tried both as admin, my user accounts are admin privileged. ill give the link a try. and thanks for letting me know im not the only one who experienced this cable_girl!!
    08-02-09 10:06 PM
    You could go to the blackberry website and download it directly
    08-02-09 10:07 PM
    You could go to the blackberry website and download it directly
    ...which is what I suggested in the 3rd post in this thread? *scratches head*
    08-02-09 10:43 PM
    ...which is what I suggested in the 3rd post in this thread? *scratches head*
    Whoops, sorry! Must have had my Neanderthal filter on!
    08-02-09 10:49 PM
    Whoops, sorry! Must have had my Neanderthal filter on!
    Evolution at its finest! That actually made me laugh (out loud, nonetheless). I'll have to use that sometime.
    08-02-09 10:58 PM
    I am having a problem that whenever i tried to install the cd it says the cd is not verifyed, please check. can any one give me a soluation? thanks in advance
    11-08-09 12:54 AM
    I am having a problem that whenever i tried to install the cd it says the cd is not verifyed, please check. can any one give me a soluation? thanks in advance

Use the cd as a coaster lol

Download the desktop manager directly from the blackberry site

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com
    11-08-09 02:23 AM
    My issue since day 1 has been that DM won't download from the website or the cd...it says the installation was interrupted and to try again at a later time which I do and I always get the same message. Any ideas or takers?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 06:15 AM
    My issue since day 1 has been that DM won't download from the website or the cd...it says the installation was interrupted and to try again at a later time which I do and I always get the same message. Any ideas or takers?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Do you have a home network? Try from another pc and if it works burn the file to a cd. Then copy the file to YOUR desktop and run it from your computer.
    11-08-09 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD