09-10-09 01:23 PM
    And I just ordered a CASE-MATE. Oh well I may have to get this one as well.... ;-)
    09-10-09 01:24 PM
    Incipio Feather or Epik Silicone case??

I have a Epik on the way, is this feather better?? same thing??
    09-10-09 01:31 PM
    Hmm.. Case-mate vs Incipio Feather. Tough call but I think case-mate gets the edge for having better coverage around the camera and not having a big bold company logo.
    09-10-09 01:40 PM

I'd stick with the Epik. I thought about the Feather & Case-Mate ones, but they are both lacking protection on the top and bottom of the phone. If all you're looking for is protection on the back when you have it flat on a table, I guess these would be okay.
    09-10-09 01:47 PM
    beat me to it..dont know if i want this or the Sedio II -- i have the epik now and while its nice, it really doesn't PAD the tour
    09-10-09 01:49 PM
    I'd stick with the Epik. I thought about the Feather & Case-Mate ones, but they are both lacking protection on the top and bottom of the phone. If all you're looking for is protection on the back when you have it flat on a table, I guess these would be okay.

Sometimes it's not really about FULL protection. I had the Feather for my STORM and I loved it. This is perfect for me as its only ever in a few places - My Holster, my Charging Dock, my pocket, my car mounted in my ProClip. I never put FACE down (what's the point) and if not in any of those places, it face UP on a table. I figure if I drop it, thats what I have insurance for. And besides that who knows how it would act after a drop. IMHO the only thing to prevent good drop would be an otterbox, and well I do not see me using that thing. It is for me, more about style and looks. And unfortunately that hurts my wallet.
    09-10-09 01:54 PM

INCIPIO and the CASE-MATE Barely are a hard flexible plastic.
    09-10-09 01:58 PM
    anybody see a flaw in the "works with most cradles" statement on the website.

A) theres no hole in the back...you can't even get to the contact points.

B) Most cradles that people buy I assume are OEM ones, doesn't seem like even with this added minimal bulk it'll drop in even with the hole in the back.
    09-10-09 02:02 PM
    Any coupons out there?
    09-10-09 02:04 PM
    anybody see a flaw in the "works with most cradles" statement on the website.

A) theres no hole in the back...you can't even get to the contact points.

B) Most cradles that people buy I assume are OEM ones, doesn't seem like even with this added minimal bulk it'll drop in even with the hole in the back.
    The flaw is in how your read it. It does NOT say CHARGING CRADLE. There are some cradles that hold upright and do NOT CHARGE.
    09-10-09 02:05 PM
    Yeah, I just received the Feather availability notice from Incipio.

One thing to keep in mind is that the Case-Mate Barely There case comes with only 1 screen protector and the Feather includes 2 surface protectors for the same price. I assume that a surface protector is the same as a screen protector.

In the Feather advertisement it gives mixed message about the number of surface protectors. Description says 2 and the bullet items list indicates 1. Anyone know how many they usually ship with?
    I just received my Barely There yesterday. I really like it. Here is the link in CB forum to my comments and Pics on this case.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ca...ilable-311850/
    09-10-09 02:07 PM
    actually it uses the term "dock", which alludes to some sort of connectivity (data and/or power). Being that there is only one "dock" available right now (OEM Charging Cradle), I don't think that statement is entirely correct if not misleading.
    09-10-09 02:11 PM
    actually it uses the term "dock", which alludes to some sort of connectivity (data and/or power). Being that there is only one "dock" available right now (OEM Charging Cradle), I don't think that statement is entirely correct if not misleading.
    I was just going off what you said. In that case, yes it could be mis-leading.
    09-10-09 02:21 PM
    those cases seem to not add a lot of protection at all whats the point of having this kind of case with hardly any protection and for almost 20 bucks???

I'd say stick with an epic case
    09-10-09 02:28 PM
    those cases seem to not add a lot of protection at all whats the point of having this kind of case with hardly any protection and for almost 20 bucks???

Preference. I am not a clutz with my phone. If I happen to have a blond moment and damage it, insurance.
    09-10-09 02:31 PM
    Just ordered one. Hope it still fits in my seidio holster with it on!
    09-10-09 02:46 PM
    Lol. I waited and waited for this case. Went ahead and ordered the Seidio Innocase II earlier. Got the "back in stock" email from Incipio about 2 hours later. Guess I'll be breaking out the bank card again and heading to eBay with the one I like the least. :-P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 02:49 PM
    Just ordered one. Hope it still fits in my seidio holster with it on!
    FYI - I had a feather with my STORM and it did indeed fit in the Innocase Holster. I just ordered one as well (just got done ordering the CaseMate). I think BOTH will work with the Inno-Holster.
    09-10-09 02:49 PM

I agree. The Epik is superior and only costs $5. I don't get the point of this case.
    09-10-09 03:38 PM
    I agree. The Epik is superior and only costs $5. I don't get the point of this case.
    Again unless your carrying your phone in an otter box, no case can offer this "protection" that you are worried about. It comes down to personal taste, I for one would rather not have to have a case at all. So for me, this is perfect. I have different cases for different situations. I am careful with my phone, if I should drop it and it breaks - INSURANCE. The Epik is an awesome case, even more so that its $5. To each its own.

Also keep in mind Otter box owners could be saying the same thing you are. The otter is FAR superior to the Epik, I dont get the point of the Epik case. If you want ot protect it, why not really protect it.
    09-10-09 03:45 PM
    Again unless your carrying your phone in an otter box, no case can offer this "protection" that you are worried about. It comes down to personal taste, I for one would rather not have to have a case at all. So for me, this is perfect. I have different cases for different situations. I am careful with my phone, if I should drop it and it breaks - INSURANCE. The Epik is an awesome case, even more so that its $5. To each its own.

Also keep in mind Otter box owners could be saying the same thing you are. The otter is FAR superior to the Epik, I dont get the point of the Epik case. If you want ot protect it, why not really protect it.
    Otterbox is overkill unless you are in a rough environment. The Epik protects everything but the front and is not bulky like the Otter.

With this feather you might as well go naked. The Epik has saved my phone from several dings.
    09-10-09 04:06 PM
    Just a shout out...here is another case similar to the feather for the tour:

Innocase Snap�, Black

For those who prefer Seidio products.
    09-10-09 04:18 PM
    Just a shout out...here is another case similar to the feather for the tour:

Innocase Snap™, Black

For those who prefer Seidio products.
    I will have this case tomorrow. Stay tuned for my review. I will also be reviewing the Innocase Hybrid as well.
    09-10-09 04:26 PM

You keep mentioning this INSURANCE thing. Most people, when they drop their phone, do not BREAK it. It just gets damaged and has some dings on it. Why the **** would you want to pay $50 each time you 'drop' your phone? That's so ********.

The point is, this case provides very little protection for $20. The Epik case will prevent from basic scratches if dropped a few times, for only $5. Why spend $20 on this is you would rather not have a case at all? It makes absolutely no sense.
    09-10-09 04:28 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD