Thanks for the tip. I'm definitely going to try this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-20-09 04:27 PM
    <Bump bump bump>
    08-20-09 09:33 PM
    Makes no sense at all. Why would the phone need to repeatedly fetch the image for the bknd?? Surely your increased battery life wad due to something else.

08-20-09 10:56 PM
    No results yet? geez guess I'm impatient!!
    08-20-09 11:06 PM
    anyone have an improvement? no harm in trying so i will. thanks for the tip.
    08-20-09 11:20 PM
    Following this thread, I'm curious too if it works.
    im interested in hearing results
    me tooooooo
    I would like to how much of a differnce this makes as far as the battery goes.
    No results yet? geez guess I'm impatient!!
    To all those I quoted. Why wait, it's simple enough to try for yourself to see if it works and you'll find out for yourself instead on relying on others to do it for you.

But honestly, it's not going to make a difference. I know that my wallpaper is stored on my sdcard. I take my sdcard out of my phone and my wallpaper will stay until I restart the phone, which means it's not constantly reading it from the sdcard - it stays in memory.
    08-20-09 11:26 PM
    i did this, im not sure if it makes a difference or not yet, it seems like its still draining at the normal pace, but i cant be certain yet
    08-21-09 09:12 AM
    I think why my battery doesn't last as long is because of the fluctuating signals. At work with 2-3 bars fluctuating to 0 (100-110db) constantly fluctuating as well as the 1X-1x thing drains more juice. Battery estimate to drain 10 hours.
    I think the reason my battery drains quickly is because I can't keep my damn hand off the thing, always checking for new messages, browsing the net, taking pictures ect... I'm addicted
    08-21-09 09:49 AM
    2nd Cycle on this - Unplugged 7:30am, now close to 11:30, 95% battery...

Still possibly placebo or something else, but let me know what everyone else is finding.
    08-21-09 10:19 AM
    after i already have a picture saved on my sd card how do i save it to my phones internal memory?...then where do i go to retrieve the picture? Interested to see if this helps...
    08-21-09 11:17 AM
    Honestly after trying this out for myself, I don't think theres much difference at all. For most LG phones it constantly reads the image off the sd card using up battery which is why you take out the card the image disappears. The blackberry on the other hand does not do this it copies it to save from constantly reading it off the sd card which is why when you do a reset it goes away. If there is any difference at all its too small to notice and there for doesnt really matter. This is just my opinion.
    08-21-09 12:37 PM
    Texting is the biggest battery drain i think..
    08-21-09 12:55 PM
    what about bbm, i tend to use bbm a ton and my phone dies fairly fast...
    08-21-09 01:24 PM
    I can't stay off this website on my tour is why mine drains so fast. Guess why this website and these phones are called crackberries

08-21-09 02:19 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD