Used to be a total nut when it came to protecting my Tour, recently made the plunge to the innocase 360 and I love the protection aside from the dust that the built in screen protector loves to collect.

Little more peace at mind with a case. I suggest if your OCD that you wear protection... No pun intended.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 08:23 AM
    Great to see that Monk is on Crackberry forums!!!

Oh - I've seen MUCH worse on some of the past Storm forums...

And I just got sick of all the cases as well and am only using a screen protector at the moment...I do have insurance, and they stock replacement housings @ cnn.cn...

Whooo! It's sooo liberating!!!!!!!!
    (*runs naked across a field*)
    11-10-09 08:57 AM
    no case, just screen protector here

in and out of my pocket all day/night....no scratches, just mint

i do however wipe the phone down at the end of the day with a microfiber cloth (keeps the dirt/dust from scratching the phone when in and out of pocket)
    11-10-09 09:09 AM
    I think a lot of people don't take care of their phones the way they should and blame the phone once it stops working or breaks somehow. I didn't want to buy one of those sleeves/protector things because I use the case all the time anyways. I think if you use a case/holster you shouldn't have any problems.

I got mine back in august though and within the first week I dropped it and there was an ugly scratch right on the top silver/chrome part that runs across. It was really ruining my week lol so I called Verizon and told them that there was something wrong with the phone, they told me to go into one of the Verizon locations which I did and I told them I had tried everyting but there was still something worng with it----a couple days went by and I got a new tour in the mail, not a refurb or anything but brand new with the stickers and everything.

I do have the warranty on my **** though in case something boneheaded does happen, I wasn't going to spend $200 on a phone only to have it screw up on me without any way of getting a new one. If you consider how much they charge retail for these phones, the $3 or whatever it is a month for the warranty is worth it.
    Last edited by beantown85; 11-10-09 at 09:20 AM.
    11-10-09 09:18 AM
    Unless you can live in a dust free environment then scratches are part of life. ZAGG Invisible Shield should be the best you can do.

11-10-09 09:36 AM
    I don't even worry about this. I put a vinyl skin on mine from Decalgirl and a cheap-o screen protector on it from eBay. I've never had a problem getting the skin off (I replace 'em once a month because I get bored) and they don't leave any sticky residue.

I don't like the cases/silicone skins or anything that adds bulk. I've never dropped my blackberry, so the only thing I worry about is scratches from putting it in my pocket. The vinyl skin/screen protector keep it in mint condition.

Personally, I HATE the way Zagg invisible shields feel on phones. A friend of mine has a pre with the Zagg shield on it....it just feels wrong to me.
    11-10-09 10:30 AM
    I also like to keep my phone "naked" for the most part. I use the case it came with when at work walking around but as far as the phone itself, I ordered the full body skin from bestskinsever.com for $8 and it works like a charm. Had an LG dare for two years with the skin and its still in mint condition through three or four drops.

Look into it, its a great investment.
    11-10-09 10:55 AM
    BestSkinsEver is the answer

11-10-09 11:15 AM
    My tour (on #5) has a stuck/dead red pixel.... I believe that is as worse as it can get for an ocd Tour owner.

*my 2 epik cases r coming in from hong kong in like a week or so....

Honey you keep complaining about that stuck red pixel. Either get a new one or let it go....
    11-10-09 11:26 AM
    I can't Stand cases, my phone will always naked ... With its sexy fine ***, anyhow I had my tour since Sep. And is still in mint condition ... Minus the dust in all the nuck and crannys

11-10-09 11:41 AM
    I used some scratch remover I bought for my sunglasses a year or so go. I used a Q-tip and a polishing cloth to remove a nasty scratch I had next to the led and it took it right out. Might want to check it out.

11-10-09 11:48 AM
    had mine since the day it came out its fine.......no sctratches...albeit a few trackball issues....
    11-10-09 12:04 PM
    How does scratch remover work? As in, what's its mechanism of action?
    11-10-09 12:13 PM
    I had my 8830 for 2 years and it was mint. I hate screen protectors and skins. I just keep my Tour in an OEM pocket pouch when I'm not using it, and only wipe it with microfiber or a cotton t-shirt.
    11-10-09 12:16 PM
    Honey you keep complaining about that stuck red pixel. Either get a new one or let it go....
    o_o

I'm sorry. Last time I checked, this was a forum where we could share our problems.. Hmm.. must've gotten the wrong idea.
    11-10-09 05:06 PM
    Scratch removers are polishing agents - generally some VERY fine grit (like toothpaste). You grind away the surface near the scratch melding the incised scratch with the ever lowering surface. I gather there are some liquids that might flood the scratch making it disappear, too.
    11-10-09 07:03 PM
    o_o

I'm sorry. Last time I checked, this was a forum where we could share our problems.. Hmm.. must've gotten the wrong idea.
    Solvable problems or major problems. People already told you what to do. Either you can take it back or live with it. It's one thing to report a problem, it's another to bring up a minor annoyance that nobody can help you with in a bunch of different threads.
    11-10-09 08:01 PM
    Well...thanks for the replies. I really wasn't looking for information on cases, protectant, etc...I'm quite astounded to see so many "naked" tour owners NOT reporting any scratches. Especially those who put their tour in and out of their pocket. I almost just don't believe them. This phone is only ever in my hand, against my ear, in the case, or laid on my bed. That's it. For three days those are the only locations of this thing, and the top piece and nav keys are already seeing scratches. The screen as well. Its mind boggling. No other piece of expensive technology which I own scratches like this. I don't even know what the **** is scratching it! Must be the microfiber I'm using. Idk. It dosent scratch anything else. Scratches head...guess ill just deal with it. I'm still surprised noone else is seeing this...maybe you aren't looking in the right light? Its noticeable in broad daylight, and quite frankly it looks like ****. But IMO, so do shields, body guards, cases, etc...so I guess its gonna be a lose-lose for me!

Monk out (dusts off the Post Reply button)

11-10-09 08:03 PM
    Well...thanks for the replies. I really wasn't looking for information on cases, protectant, etc...I'm quite astounded to see so many "naked" tour owners NOT reporting any scratches. Especially those who put their tour in and out of their pocket. I almost just don't believe them. This phone is only ever in my hand, against my ear, in the case, or laid on my bed. That's it. For three days those are the only locations of this thing, and the top piece and nav keys are already seeing scratches. The screen as well. Its mind boggling. No other piece of expensive technology which I own scratches like this. I don't even know what the **** is scratching it! Must be the microfiber I'm using. Idk. It dosent scratch anything else. Scratches head...guess ill just deal with it. I'm still surprised noone else is seeing this...maybe you aren't looking in the right light? Its noticeable in broad daylight, and quite frankly it looks like ****. But IMO, so do shields, body guards, cases, etc...so I guess its gonna be a lose-lose for me!

Monk out (dusts off the Post Reply button)

I just checked for scratches and I don't see any. I baby mine as well. I have had mine for about 3 weeks. I am OCD when it comes to fingerprints. I have a screen protector from verizon and i use the cloth that came with the protectors to wipe the fingerprints off my phone. It's not micofiber though. Just a little cloth.

I have ordered a case for it. Just a cheap-o clear plastic one from ebay.
    11-10-09 10:01 PM
    Otterbox commuter. Best case I've had on the phone and I've had silicone, body glove and phantom skinz.

Right now I have the commuter case with the privacy screen protector, and phantomskinz protection on my send end, menu button and back arrow.

I don't have to worry about drops or scratches, so I'm happy.

If you're looking for a case, I strongly recommend the otterbox commuter.

11-10-09 11:49 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD