Im sure this had been asked but i have a tour 9630 on US cellular, and i want to get over to t-mobile as it is much better in my area. My question is what all do i have to do i am running the new 5.0.0.419 OS from here that i deleted the vendo file so if i just throw a sim card in it should work correctly right? What about the internet? I really appreciate any help you can provide
    03-10-10 11:03 PM
    There's threads in the forum on how to get all data features working, search.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 11:29 PM
    If I understand what you are asking.... no.

Simply replacing an "official" relase of one carrier's OS with a different carrier's OS will NOT magically put you on a different network. You are locked into your contract unless you pay the ETF (aka early termination fee) which varies carrier to carrier.

Some releases of the OS have advantages over another, but none of them will enable you to switch over to T-mobile. The only way to do that is to terminate your contract with US Cellular, pay the fee, go to T-mobile, and then sign another contract.
    03-11-10 07:17 AM
    okay that makes sense, and i am planning on paying the ETF fee, i know that, i was just wondering what other steps i would need to take to use my tour on t-mobile. I understand that the phone is able to use both gsm and cdma networks and was just wondering if i would just be better off buying a new phone from t-mobile or taking my tour over. I really love my tour.
    03-11-10 11:04 AM
    First and foremost you need to get your phone unlocked off of us cellular. You can purchase unlock codes for nominal fees at cellunlock.net . Then go to tmo sign up for an account and pop in the sim card. Now on you tube i would watch the unlock bb tour video for full instructions. As far as the web i dont think it will work. And you may not get 3g coverage either. If thats a downer for you you may be better off just getting a new phone, like the bold 9700 so far the rockstar in the bb family.
    03-11-10 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD