Was riding in the car with my boyfriend today and thought hey, it's clear, I have good cell reception lets try the gps.... It FINALLY locked on and started working...

So no more thinking about having to trade in my Tour, the Gps is working now =).

Pointless.... yes just REALLY happy over it..
    10-18-09 07:17 PM
    So you actually found yourself
    10-18-09 07:23 PM
    Now you make me seem crazy xD but yes.. haha
    10-18-09 08:14 PM
    Ba zing!

Haha.
    10-18-09 08:18 PM
    Now.....get Trapster� Your mobile phone alerts you as you approach police speed traps and get to work!
    10-18-09 08:37 PM
    Does anyone else have any trouble getting GPS in a building...like right beside a window. I can get it outside though. I figure its just because its a small/weak gps receiver.
    10-18-09 09:34 PM
    Does anyone else have any trouble getting GPS in a building...like right beside a window. I can get it outside though. I figure its just because its a small/weak gps receiver.
    I have that same problem. I have trouble getting a GPS signal at work.
    My office is basically a building within a building.
    When I'm outside though it works great.

Bill.
    10-18-09 09:40 PM
    That's great that you were finally able to get it to work. BB's are so awesome
    10-18-09 09:43 PM
    LOL, good one!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 11:19 PM
    I have that same problem. I have trouble getting a GPS signal at work. My office is basically a building within a building.
    If you can't see the satellites, the satellites can't see you. They're directly overhead in case you're looking for them.

Sorry! Couldn't resist. The door was wide open.
    10-19-09 12:24 AM
    If you can't see the satellites, the satellites can't see you. They're directly overhead in case you're looking for them.

Sorry! Couldn't resist. The door was wide open.
    I dont get it...why are they overhead? I want to know where I am, not what im looking at...
    10-19-09 01:53 AM
    I have that same problem. I have trouble getting a GPS signal at work.
    My office is basically a building within a building.

Bill.
    lol umh are you that lost at work that you need your gps? Someone should warn your boss...
    10-19-09 02:48 AM
    Lol are they for real with this app? How the f*ck would this even work. I never even heard of this til now.
    10-19-09 10:18 AM
    My gps kind of sucks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 10:21 AM
    I dont get it...why are they overhead? I want to know where I am, not what im looking at...
    Obviously, I'm being facetious with the 'overhead' remark. The point is, for GPS to acquire a signal, you need to be under open sky to enable your device to lock-in on at least 3 satellites.
    10-19-09 10:26 AM
    Obviously, I'm being facetious with the 'overhead' remark. The point is, for GPS to acquire a signal, you need to be under open sky to enable your device to lock-in on at least 3 satellites.
    REGE - The problem most people have is they don't know how a satellite works and then you have actors using satellite phones in movies or TV shows while inside a building/home/mountain does not help any. At work we have a satellite phone, but it is attached to a cable (replacing the small antenna) that is run up to the roof where we have an antenna.
    Last edited by jrod3055; 10-19-09 at 10:38 AM.
    10-19-09 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD