Ok First off my battery after 2 days still only last about 12hrs at the most. I Looked over all the other post and done everything they said to do like turned off vibrate and the led things like that. So maybe that will help.

2nd I was not getting a signal worth a crap at all. Went by Verzion the done the *228 option 2. Then he told me to do a battery pull when i had a few mins. Done this and my signal meter said sos. Finally found that the network was on globel and it was showing AT&T. Changed it to 1xev but still only get 1 or 2 bars where with the EnV i had was getting full bars.

3rd I pulled my Micro SD card that already had alot of pics on it. And put it in the computer to rename all the pics to try and sort them a little better. After putting it back in the tour. Several pics were not there. So i pull the card again put it back in the computer and they show up being in there just like i labeled them. Back in phone still not showing up? Anybody with any ideas as to Y?
    07-16-09 02:32 AM
    dude you need a knack
    07-16-09 02:33 AM
    Nvmind

10 Char
    07-16-09 02:34 AM
    A Knack?

I tried the Mass Storage thing it didn't help.
    07-16-09 02:38 AM
    dude you need a knack
    owned

10char
    07-16-09 02:40 AM
    Yeah it seems like the tour might be a little too complex for you
    07-16-09 02:41 AM
    Why u think that? Im sure alot of peoples first BB were a little to complex a first till they figured them out and got help from places like this forum. Which is why i posted what i did.
    07-16-09 02:43 AM
    Why u think that? Im sure alot of peoples first BB were a little to complex a first till they figured them out and got help from places like this forum. Which is why i posted what i did.

well...

1 day for any smartphone is fine and fairly normal..

as far as battery go's thats what it is.. sometimes people burn through there battery in 5 hours if they use it to much for major things..

most users get 1 day meaning they start in the morning and it makes it through the day until night
    07-16-09 02:47 AM
    Ok Ty. i just didn't think it would run down that fast. i have hardly used it maybe 15 calls and 20 emails and 20-25 text a day. expected it to do a little better than that.
    07-16-09 02:53 AM
    give the phone a little while. my first charge didn't last worth a crap.. now its getting about as good as my curve. a full day with heavy use.
    07-16-09 02:58 AM
    First thing I did was turn off radio and charge it all day for about 13 hours then I activated it and slept while I left it on charger til I woke up. Then I used it all day running pandora and other appS in bg to kill it. It lasted me about 14 hrs with 35 calls and a few hundred sms and 100 or so bbms. Once it finally died, I let it turn itself off and then did battery pull and recharged it. I'd say I have heavy usage but that's a real subjectIve thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 03:06 AM
    Well your battery issue seems to be related to your sos issue. Do this go into network settings and change from global to 1XEV should clear the sos issue and at the same time save battery life when the phone looks for a signal it kills the battery. Turn off all global settings you don't need them. Unless of course you travel globally

07-16-09 08:12 AM
    Also change your screen brightness down... i have mine at 20 and its perfect brightness. And make sure you close out of apps and dont just back out of them. Hold your BB button down and it will show what apps you have running in the background. You will always have: Browser, Phone, Message, Home screen, and BBM running. If you have more than that go into them, hit the BB button and select close. I bet that will help your battery life a bunch.
    07-16-09 08:25 AM
    12 hours of batt life?... consider urself lucky, smartphones tend to drain much quicker than "dumbphones". There's alot of data and features that decrease batt life.

Just be patient its a new device rollout and you're new to the BB game, so just be patient. Even those with lots of experience work thru kinks.
    07-16-09 08:26 AM
    Regarding your media card ..... Have you formatted it in your device yet?

Back up the contents onto your computer, install the card into your Tour and format it. This should help eliminate that problem.

07-16-09 08:37 AM
    Given you are in a weak signal area, 12 hours on one charge is pretty darn good.

Ok First off my battery after 2 days still only last about 12hrs at the most. I Looked over all the other post and done everything they said to do like turned off vibrate and the led things like that. So maybe that will help.

2nd I was not getting a signal worth a crap at all. Went by Verzion the done the *228 option 2. Then he told me to do a battery pull when i had a few mins. Done this and my signal meter said sos. Finally found that the network was on globel and it was showing AT&T. Changed it to 1xev but still only get 1 or 2 bars where with the EnV i had was getting full bars.

3rd I pulled my Micro SD card that already had alot of pics on it. And put it in the computer to rename all the pics to try and sort them a little better. After putting it back in the tour. Several pics were not there. So i pull the card again put it back in the computer and they show up being in there just like i labeled them. Back in phone still not showing up? Anybody with any ideas as to Y?
    07-16-09 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD