but the evo is too damn sexy not to own. i'll probably get another blackberry when something new comes out next year or so, but i really want to get android a try. but yeah.. my tour's going into my dresser drawer with all his cousins next week for a long vacation lol
    07-18-10 11:46 AM
    Take care. Enjoy the EVO! We'll see you if you come back.
    07-18-10 11:43 PM
    oH HEL BE BACK.
    07-20-10 01:37 AM
    If youre gonna miss your tour, why leave it? You should be switching for reasons other than looks.
    07-20-10 07:24 AM
    Looks aren't enough to get me to switch to evo....that thing is ridiculously large. does it play vhs tapes too???
    07-20-10 07:28 AM
    Looks aren't enough to get me to switch to evo....that thing is ridiculously large. does it play vhs tapes too???
    Haha. I thought the EVO was big too plk until I saw the 'X' the other day. I've told a couple people around CB, its the size of a cookie sheet! Woah is it big and flat.
    07-20-10 08:50 AM
    Haha. I thought the EVO was big too plk until I saw the 'X' the other day. I've told a couple people around CB, its the size of a cookie sheet! Woah is it big and flat.
    I thought the X and the Evo were fairly similar in size! All I know is they're way too big for me... I don't want a giant slab of a phone, that just doesn't make any sense to me...
    07-20-10 08:55 AM
    one of my major complaints about the tour is the speed and connection. its fairly slow, and does extremely poorly in low signal areas. specifically, it never switches back to 3g once i'm in an area with full coverage. i keep having to reset the connection to get my emails everytime i leave my house or enter a low signal area. another problem with it is blackberry's facebook client. absolutely horrible experience.

i'd also like to go back to editing pictures on my phone, which is what i used to do with my wm phone. now with this phone, i normally bring my laptop with me to jobs. and along with my camera setup, its just too much to lug around. the tour, for multimedia purposes, sucks. it can't handle 10mp pictures, even if i downloaded an app that wasn't capable of handling large images. another big problem is that it doesn't have wifi, and going to the tour2 or whatever sprint is calling it these days and wasting my phone upgrade for JUST wifi, and not fixing any of my other problems with the device seems like a waste. i love the phone as a phone, and in a perfect world where long island had evdo coverage everywhere, it might be worth keeping, but i just can't handle the downsides. i can sell it for 150 on craigslist, and spend the extra 50 bucks on a phone that can handle what i need it to, and look much better doing it. i don't really care about the size of the evo, i already put one in my pocket and it fits just fine lol.. i have my old sanyo 8200 cloned to my esn to bring mountain biking and snowboarding, so i'm not worried about the evo breaking.
    07-21-10 04:33 AM
    one of my major complaints about the tour is the speed and connection. its fairly slow, and does extremely poorly in low signal areas. specifically, it never switches back to 3g once i'm in an area with full coverage. i keep having to reset the connection to get my emails everytime i leave my house or enter a low signal area.

That sounds like an OS issue. What build are you using? I have had similar issues with the .484 build but haven't had anything like this since switching.
    07-21-10 08:32 AM
    I thought the X and the Evo were fairly similar in size! All I know is they're way too big for me... I don't want a giant slab of a phone, that just doesn't make any sense to me...
    I think it would go good with your big hat!
    07-21-10 09:01 AM
    i have the latest sprint version, but this has been an issue since day one, before os5.
    07-21-10 02:49 PM
    but the evo is too damn sexy not to own. i'll probably get another blackberry when something new comes out next year or so, but i really want to get android a try. but yeah.. my tour's going into my dresser drawer with all his cousins next week for a long vacation lol
    We'll be more than happy to welcome you back to your BB family!
    07-22-10 10:00 AM
    I think it would go good with your big hat!
    Sure it is, it's a big hat, it's funny! LOL
    07-22-10 10:43 AM
    I agree with everyone the evo is too big
    07-22-10 11:18 AM
    Don't let the door hitya where the good lawd splitya!

I kid I kid.....Hope it works out for you. I was thinking about the Droid X but theres nothing i dont like about my Tour right now so i'm gonna ride it out til the wheels fall off. Good luck!
    07-23-10 09:13 AM
    Good luck with the Evo, It's a little large for my taste but to each their own.

I'm gonna miss my Tour because I have upgraded to the Bold 9650! Couldn't stand the thought of parting ways with BlackBerry but couldn't pass up the opportunity not to upgrade to a more solid device than my Tour. Oh well, it will be safe in the box as a backup to my new toy :-)
    07-28-10 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD