I have a blackberry tour on sprint, and I am getting fed up on the fact that 5.0 has not yet been released. With all the new smart phones coming out Rim needs to get its act together so people don't jump ship to something else. Rim should be trying to push the new os as much as it can! If anyone has any idea as to when 5.0 is coming out for tour, please give me the heads up because right now i'm just fed up!
    11-06-09 04:18 PM
    IT is coming, but No one knows when the actial release date is.
    11-06-09 04:23 PM
    I jumped to HTC, The stock ROM beats any tweaked BB...
    11-06-09 04:24 PM
    Rim should be trying to push the new os as much as it can!
    It isn't up to RIM to release an OS, it is up to your carrier to test, approve and release it.
    11-06-09 04:24 PM
    If you're in such a hurry, why don't you just run the leak? It's been available for ages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 04:29 PM
    Go then. Who cares. I'm tired of reading about people threatening to leave over stupid OS updates. Next time you feel the need to whine about it, go find the board of the phone you plan to switch to and cry about it there. I don't recall seeing guarantees from RIM when I purchased my Tour that there would be OS updates every 2 months and I am sure you didn't either. RIM/BB owns all others.

11-06-09 04:30 PM
    the only reason why i want 5.0 is for threaded sms as i do text alot

other than that.. i ahve no problem with 4.7
    11-06-09 04:31 PM
    If you're in such a hurry, why don't you just run the leak? It's been available for ages.

exactly.....230 has been pretty stable
    11-06-09 04:38 PM
    to be honest the threaded sms in 5.0 is kinda crappy! my storm has 5.0 i love the os but it would be a million times better without threaded sms
    11-06-09 04:39 PM
    Well you don't know what you're missing. the browser is so much nicer too!

11-06-09 04:40 PM
    I've been running 5.0 in my Tour for a long time. Kinda getting bored of 5.0 already. I'm looking forward to the next upgrade over 5.0.

Threaded SMS is very nice though
    11-06-09 04:47 PM
    Go then. Who cares. I'm tired of reading about people threatening to leave over stupid OS updates. Next time you feel the need to whine about it, go find the board of the phone you plan to switch to and cry about it there. I don't recall seeing guarantees from RIM when I purchased my Tour that there would be OS updates every 2 months and I am sure you didn't either. RIM/BB owns all others.

I don't get it either...I don't get what major improvements would make someone want to jump ship over a stupid OS update.
    11-06-09 04:50 PM
    Jumping ship over lack of an official release (which is pretty likely to happen anyways) is pretty pointless....

How can you be fed up with not having an OS that is new and you haven't run yet? Tossing out a beta earlier as "official" isn't going to make you happier...
    11-06-09 06:41 PM
    It's official.... 5.0 for the Tour will be released...... The day after....you jump ship!

11-06-09 07:17 PM
    IT is coming, but No one knows when the actial release date is.
    love your avatar, what is it
    11-06-09 07:33 PM
    I really don't see a point in leaving due to the device not having the latest OS officially released yet. It'll be released eventually.

The Tour is actually my first BB... used other "smartphones" previous to buying the Tour. I do have to say this has been the most stable phone in its class. I've had no freezing up, rebooting... nothing like that. Everything just pretty much works for me.
    11-06-09 08:12 PM
    *sigh*
    The Tour is a fantastic device, and Sprint is a great network with the best deal around.
    To leave those two over the lack of an official OS 5.0 release is idiotic. What happens if you get a Bold with 5.0 and then later the 9630 gets 5.5 before the Bold does? Are you then going to switch again?
    Take it from me, I've wasted thousands of $'s switching networks to get the newest device with the newest OS, and it's not worth it. Unless you've got a ton of money laying around that you don't need, just wait it out or get a leaked version.
    11-06-09 08:16 PM
    I have a blackberry tour on sprint, and I am getting fed up on the fact that 5.0 has not yet been released. With all the new smart phones coming out Rim needs to get its act together so people don't jump ship to something else. Rim should be trying to push the new os as much as it can! If anyone has any idea as to when 5.0 is coming out for tour, please give me the heads up because right now i'm just fed up!
    Just download and install the leaked .230, it will seem like a new device. Works great (better than the 238 that is also available).
    11-07-09 12:18 AM
    *sigh*
    The Tour is a fantastic device, and Sprint is a great network with the best deal around.
    In my experience, Tour did not work well with Sprint out of the box. I had a lot of dropped calls with my Tour on Sprint until I exchanged the phone to get a newer build (fixing trackball, keyboard and apparently the radio) and upgraded to 4.7.1.61 (Appalachin wireless OS) and updated the PRL to the newest 6**55. Now it works great on Sprint with a few nagging but minor issues. But when it was dropping calls, having trackball issues and was hourglassing, the Tour wasn't a lot of fun and I also had fleeting thoughts of just giving up on it. Fortunately due to this forum I saw that many had similar issues but all signs were pointing to their resolution as both RIM and Sprint were committed to fixing the Tour.

Given these initial problems, I understand the frustration of many Tour owners whose device did not perform to their expectations in a major way. But I also think they ought not to give up on this great phone and instead try to exchange and/or update the OS and PRL (depending on the nature of their Tour issue). In a perfect world, Tour would work perfectly out of the box; alas, I can't recall the last time I had a smartphone that a) was a newly released phone and b) worked perfectly OOB. I recall both of my Treos (650 and 755p) did not work well until several firmware updates either.
    Last edited by dohturdima; 11-07-09 at 04:44 AM.
    11-07-09 04:30 AM
    I don't like the fact that the official 5.0 isn't available yet. I keep checking the site, and it's not out. I move on haha. It's not a life or death situation.

11-07-09 07:20 AM
    The funny part about this (sorry, don't mean to laugh at anyone), but if you talk to most bb users, not crackberry users, but just plain ole bb users on the street, most have no idea they can even update their phones. They delete any notification about updates from their provider because they don't know what it means.

They either like their phone, or don't like their phone.

do you like your phone....Aaaa...aaa aaa...I didnt say are you mad that they havent updated the OS, i asked do you like your phone?

If not...sell it and buy a different one. I get like that too. I get jumpy and always want the next biggest thing...but that gets costly.

Anyway, i think you should go buy a droid...hop the invisible CB fence over to the droid threads and dance around the droid campfire! LOL..
    11-07-09 07:38 AM
    Sounds really childish.. But to each his own. Do what makes you happy.
    11-07-09 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD