I'm new to these forums but I did search and didn't see anyone with the same problem I'm having. I'm the IT for a company where most users are on a curve but I have 3 users on the tour. Two tour's set up just fine when adding their exchange e-mails (exchange server 2003 with outlook web access) but one keeps saying "Unable to add account. Please check your information and try again." With all users I fully provide all the owa settings (u/n, p/w, server, etc) and it's been fine. This is the only one out of maybe 20 blackberry's I've done. I've checked all the settings for her in the server and even called Verizon to make sure there wasn't some sort of block for adding e-mails for some reason - a stretch I know, but I'm desperate! Has anyone had any issues with just one person / phone when all the others have worked that maybe I overlooked??
    02-03-10 11:17 AM
    I forgot to mention that the tour is running v4.7.1.61 (Platform 4.1.0.81) and when I tried to update with the new desktop manager, it said there were no updates available b/c the phone is already up to date....
    02-03-10 11:19 AM
    I just had trouble last week with a Verizon user who didn't sign up for the BES data plan ($45). She only went with the BIS data plan ($30) and I couldn't activate via the Enterprise server. As soon as she called and upgraded, the BB activated without a problem. Could that be it?
    02-03-10 12:09 PM
    I just had trouble last week with a Verizon user who didn't sign up for the BES data plan ($45). She only went with the BIS data plan ($30) and I couldn't activate via the Enterprise server. As soon as she called and upgraded, the BB activated without a problem. Could that be it?
    I wish it was but in order to save money, we added everything as a personal account directly on the phone without using BES or BIS - I was told by verizon that I couldn't use BIS with personal accounts. I added so many blackberry's on our company account at once that I did everything through the personal settings directly on the phone but told it that it was thru OWA. It's funny that it worked on 2 different tours, one on our account and another on his own personal account that we just pay for - it's odd! I could see there being problems if all three tours we run had an issue but being as though it's just the one....this stinks!!! I HATE being stumped!!
    02-03-10 12:22 PM
    I had problems because of my inbox size.

It doesn't like to set up through OWA for any platform (WinMo, BB, etc.) in my experience, if you have 1,000 messages in your inbox or more.

I would check that real quick.
    02-03-10 01:10 PM
    I had problems because of my inbox size.

It doesn't like to set up through OWA for any platform (WinMo, BB, etc.) in my experience, if you have 1,000 messages in your inbox or more.

I would check that real quick.
    I looked into this - great idea! My user only had 600 but I had her clean it out anyway. She's down to 3 and still it won't work on her blackberry....
    02-04-10 08:09 AM
    I looked into this - great idea! My user only had 600 but I had her clean it out anyway. She's down to 3 and still it won't work on her blackberry....
    Bummer! I was hoping I could swoop in and save the day!

In re-reading your earlier posts, I am a bit confused. Does the user have BIS or BES? Or neither?
    02-04-10 08:55 AM
    That's funny you mention that. I have a personal berry that's hooked up to my company's BES. I was paying out the arse and then when I got my Tour they were like "if you change to an unlimited plan you can save $25 a month". Previously I was told I couldn't do that because I wanted to use BES but the guys said "nope, not true" clicked a few buttons and now my plan is $25 cheaper a month and I'm indeed hooked up to BES. (It was a $25 instead of a $15 savings because with the new plan I was able to change my texting options as well.)
    02-04-10 09:05 AM
    Bummer! I was hoping I could swoop in and save the day!

In re-reading your earlier posts, I am a bit confused. Does the user have BIS or BES? Or neither?
    haha - it was a good thought tho!!! i've never used either the BIS or BES and have always set them up as personal to try to avoid a red flag to myself as having it and verizon adding a fee!! so no, she has neither....
    02-04-10 09:22 AM
    That's funny you mention that. I have a personal berry that's hooked up to my company's BES. I was paying out the arse and then when I got my Tour they were like "if you change to an unlimited plan you can save $25 a month". Previously I was told I couldn't do that because I wanted to use BES but the guys said "nope, not true" clicked a few buttons and now my plan is $25 cheaper a month and I'm indeed hooked up to BES. (It was a $25 instead of a $15 savings because with the new plan I was able to change my texting options as well.)
    do you know what they did that changed it over? or was the only change to your account the switch to unlimited that saved you the money? the problem i have too is that this is her personal phone we're going to start paying for b/c we're all tapped out of blackberry's!!! so i'm in the same boat as you so to speak - i just don't think she has an unlimited plan...
    02-04-10 09:23 AM
    Was the tour that will not work the last one you tried setting up? If so then is there a limit on how many email accounts your system may have?
    02-04-10 09:28 AM
    Was the tour that will not work the last one you tried setting up? If so then is there a limit on how many email accounts your system may have?
    Good point - however, this account I'm trying to add on the tour is already on the server. Do you mean that the server could be seeing it as an additional therefore causing it to block me b/c the limit is now being exceeded? Ugh - so much to check!!!
    02-04-10 09:37 AM
    Good point - however, this account I'm trying to add on the tour is already on the server. Do you mean that the server could be seeing it as an additional therefore causing it to block me b/c the limit is now being exceeded? Ugh - so much to check!!!
    Yes that was what I was thinking that there is a max limit set somewhere. Was that tour the last one you tried doing?
    02-04-10 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD