I got my tour on the 12th when they came out. I was very happy with the device. Coming from a 8330 it was a big step up. My battery door moved slightly and I had some screen ripples when applying light pressure to the sides of the device. After a few days I noticed the crackling noise that has been reported on here with the ear peace. After going back and forth on whether I was going to exchange it or not I finally decided to. This was the best decision I could have made.

I carried it into VZW today and told the rep about the crackling noise and my battery door. She put the phone up to her ear to replicate the crackling problem and could not hear anything. She said she was hearing a high pitch noise that I never picked up on (I guess I am immune to it). She then went and pulled me another tour. This phone had no battery door movement at all and booted in about half the time my current tour was taking. After about 20 min of setting up my phone and testing the email. She said "well I guess you just have bad luck" she then showed me where the end button was broke and popping out of the device. So we start all over with another device. 20 min later Im walking out of the store with my new tour.

This phone is ROCK SOLID. I loved my first tour but my new one defiantly wins the cigar. You can tell they tightened the screws down a little snugger on this device. The battery door doesnt move at all, there is no screen ripple unless I force the middle of the screen down. They keyboard even has a better build to it, the keys have alot more click to them. If anyone is debating switching their tour our for minor issues do it! From what I have been reading on CB there are better phones coming out now than at first and I am a testament to that.
    08-07-09 09:18 PM
    mine was being shipped 2nd day air, but i have not gotten it yet, (3 days later with no notes or boxes)
    i guess ill be keeping mine for a while - I updated the software, *228'ed, and reloaded google maps, and its being much better, reception, hour glass, and battery wise..
    id like to have the 2nd one, to see how the reception compares, and i guess see if the keys are different...but over all, im pretty satisfied with mine now, and keeping it wont require re-adding everything with PIN info
    08-07-09 10:54 PM
    just exchanged mine this morning and its like a totally different phone, it just feels so much more solid screen only ripples when i push the center of the screen, people can hear me better, and perfect trackball. love the new device. I had to go through h*ll to get it, sprint kept saying if they opened up another one it would have the same problems and wanted to sell me a pre. this was two different stores saying the same thing. I was pissed but am happy now!!!!
    Last edited by wm2485; 08-08-09 at 11:53 AM.
    08-08-09 11:00 AM
    I exchanged mine for a new one a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, the new phone was worse and the trackball would not physically move at times when spinning to the right.

Took mine in today and the tech ordered me a new one. I was hoping to get one at the store, but unfortunately not. This will be my third one, and if this one doesn't work I'm going to be very upset.
    08-08-09 11:20 AM
    just exchanged mine this morning and its like a totally different phone, it just feels so much more solid screen only ripples when i push the center of the screen, people can here me better, and perfect trackball. love the new device. I had to go through **** to get it, sprint kept saying if they opened up another one it would have the same problems and wanted to sell me a pre. this was two different stores. I was pissed but am happy now!!!!
    Is your new tour unlocked?
    08-08-09 11:30 AM
    Took both of my Tours back last night. New ones are WITHOUT A DOUBT different. Phones feel much tighter and much better. No screen ripple as people have said. And, the trackball works like it is supposed to. Buttons even have more feel and press to them. I would definitely advice taking yours back if you have not already done so (if you are having issues).
    08-08-09 11:36 AM
    i just went and exchanged my phone......the phone feels a LOT better...better scroll ball

however Verizon is being anal about switching phones just because of the ball....they said theres a firmware update coming along that will fix this issue
    08-08-09 12:29 PM
    I have noticed that my trackball is a little more recessed than my first one. It scrolls good just not as easily as my first. This still is alot better device.
    08-08-09 12:46 PM
    To bad I had to peal off the rebate sticker to get my 70 bucks back. I hate MIRs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 12:57 PM
    Your post just motivated me to drive to my local VZW and exchange my tour. I couldn't bring myself to get out of the car and walk into the store though. Aside from a laggy trackball (which works flawlessly at 80/90) my phone is perfect. Although I'm tempted by the good results you guys have had, I worry that I'll get a replacement that is worse than my current Tour.
    08-08-09 01:26 PM
    I took mine back today to see if they could fix my data signal issues. The phone would not go past 1X at all and just randomly decide to not get data at all. After the manager of the store spent about 30 min. on the phone with tech support they just told him to give me a new phone.

He joked with me and said "I wish they had a line just to give authorization to replace phones right away." 20 min. later I'm walking out of the store a happy customer with a brand new Tour in hand. Sitting on 1XEV with 5 bars. I noticed my battery door is still slightly loose, though much better than my first Tour. The lock button, bb button, and back button feel much tighter on this phone as well.

2 thumbs up to Verizon, awesome customer service.
    08-08-09 01:28 PM
    I am on my second Tour and I have the muffled sound. I'm afraid to take it back again because there might be some other problem with the new one. It gets so frustrating to spend ALL day in a verizon store for something that you should't have to do in the first place.
    08-08-09 01:38 PM
    Went in today. They said they had to order a new one. Hopefully that means it will be a new fresh one, which in return will be less likely to have problems.
    08-08-09 01:46 PM
    I had to return one of my Tours due to the sound being muffled quite often when talking to someone. Now got the replacement and the sound is terrible on this brand new device.
    I keep getting charged for the price of the replacement until it is processed by warehouse, but to replace again would really start to rack up a bill.
    08-08-09 02:32 PM
    Your post just motivated me to drive to my local VZW and exchange my tour. I couldn't bring myself to get out of the car and walk into the store though. Aside from a laggy trackball (which works flawlessly at 80/90) my phone is perfect. Although I'm tempted by the good results you guys have had, I worry that I'll get a replacement that is worse than my current Tour.
    Yeah that's what I'm thinking so as well. I will just wait until the last week of my 30 days to exchange my Tour and hopefully get a good one. Otherwise I'll wait for the next BB down the line to hit vzw...with a hardware keyboard
    08-08-09 02:38 PM
    This phone is ROCK SOLID. I loved my first tour but my new one defiantly wins the cigar. You can tell they tightened the screws down a little snugger on this device. The battery door doesnt move at all, there is no screen ripple unless I force the middle of the screen down. They keyboard even has a better build to it, the keys have alot more click to them. If anyone is debating switching their tour our for minor issues do it! From what I have been reading on CB there are better phones coming out now than at first and I am a testament to that.
    I picked my 4th one up a couple days ago finding SOLID build ^^^^ All the above.
    I'm thinking 2nd or 3rd batch is finally hitting store shelves.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 08-08-09 at 02:53 PM.
    08-08-09 02:44 PM
    I have some bat. door movement ,but with the skin on it is fine...
    08-08-09 03:38 PM
    Well, my 5th one isn't perfect, but it will work. Batt door was really loose, changed it out with the 4th ones(replacement door and is alot tighter). Screen ripple is significant, 1 dead pixel, don't see it unless i'm on a white screen and signal issues. Reloaded OS and getting better coverage area, before would go into roam 1 mile from tower.

At least the trackball works and people can here me. I'm happy enough
    08-08-09 03:42 PM
    Is your new tour unlocked?
    I'm not sure I thought I had to call up that international number that is posted on that one post floating around on this forum. They gave me the unlock code for my other one. I'm not even sure how to check

Last edited by wm2485; 08-08-09 at 03:58 PM.
    08-08-09 03:48 PM
    aww you guys are lucky. My phone's charge port door broke. They wouldn't replace it. Verizon needs better cust. service....at least where I live!
    08-08-09 03:59 PM
    I got my tour on the 12th when they came out. I was very happy with the device. Coming from a 8330 it was a big step up. My battery door moved slightly and I had some screen ripples when applying light pressure to the sides of the device. After a few days I noticed the crackling noise that has been reported on here with the ear peace. After going back and forth on whether I was going to exchange it or not I finally decided to. This was the best decision I could have made.

I carried it into VZW today and told the rep about the crackling noise and my battery door. She put the phone up to her ear to replicate the crackling problem and could not hear anything. She said she was hearing a high pitch noise that I never picked up on (I guess I am immune to it). She then went and pulled me another tour. This phone had no battery door movement at all and booted in about half the time my current tour was taking. After about 20 min of setting up my phone and testing the email. She said "well I guess you just have bad luck" she then showed me where the end button was broke and popping out of the device. So we start all over with another device. 20 min later Im walking out of the store with my new tour.

I agree, I had to swap my Tour 2 times, the first time because it was heating up when i was making a phone call, the battery door wiggled a lot, the screen ripples, cracking noise every time i pushed the top buttons etc etc... the last Tour that was sent to me from Verizon I will have to assume is a refurb unit because it came by itself and with no battery but i could be wrong since all the legit stuff was still in the back of the unit, so i was about to raise some minor **** LOL, but after playing with the new tour a little bit i was shocked! this device came back better than any other one I've ever had, the battery door is fit, no ripples, not cracking noises, as a matter of fact the top buttons are smoother than even the other phones my friends and family have without noises at all, i still hear the high pitched noise but I've gotten used to it, overall this unit feels more solid than the other ones
    08-08-09 04:08 PM
    people who have exchanged recently, are you getting 004_A versions? i have exchanged twice and all 3 of my tours have been mexico 5 004's. my latest one is all good except for my mute button is "mushy" where as the lock button is more of a click i dont feel a response from the mute button even though its technically still depressing the button. so not sure if i should try to exchange again for this annoyance
    08-08-09 04:31 PM
    I'm not sure I thought I had to call up that international number that is posted on that one post floating around on this forum. They gave me the unlock code for my other one. I'm not even sure how to check

ok, I just put in my wife's t-mobile sim and switched it over to gsm and yeah, it works. it was unlocked when I got it. I didn't have to do anything.

never mind it says no circuit channel available when I try to make a call but it dose do data
    08-08-09 04:32 PM
    I was totally in love with my phone until today.
    Two times I was told by someone that they couldn't hear me(once from fellow sprint user another from VZW)
    NOW..the trackball will not move up and down anymore, therefore stopping me from doing a lot of things.
    The sprint store and my "old" Instinct is looking real good right now.
    08-08-09 04:54 PM
    oh more good news I forgot to add. The cs rep left the 2 gig card in the new tour she gave me. When she was setting up the first one I told her that I removed my memory card before I got there and she took that one out. I guess when she was setting up the second we both forgot about it. I didnt realize it until I got home. I now have three 2gb cards and a 16gb that I have been using since getting my very first tour.
    08-08-09 05:54 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD