I just got a replacement phone and im having trouble saying on evdo. Can you tell me if you go to manage connections then mobile network options if you see global on the bottom option or 1XEV?
    07-14-09 01:46 PM
    global is on mine
    07-14-09 01:47 PM
    I switched mine from Global to 1XEV but am still having some connection concerns - my Tour spends 90% of it's time as "1X".
    07-14-09 01:48 PM
    I have mine selected to "1XEV", as this was the setting I kept my Storm on and I've never encountered any issues with it.
    07-14-09 01:53 PM
    I have mine selected to "1XEV", as this was the setting I kept my Storm on and I've never encountered any issues with it.
    why did you choose to switch it? isn't the default settings global?
    07-14-09 02:05 PM
    try *228 option 2. mine was having the same problem till i updated the PRL
    07-14-09 02:06 PM
    I read in another thread that switching could save some battery life. I won't be traveling overseas for a few months, so I don't require the global network support right now.
    07-14-09 02:09 PM
    try *228 option 2. mine was having the same problem till i updated the PRL
    I tried that and didn't notice a difference, although many others reported that it did help.
    07-14-09 02:10 PM
    I believe if I understand correctly, putting it on 1XEV will keep it from searching for other gsm & hspa networks. It can save a bit of battery life. Now if you were traveling, then of course, change it to global.
    07-14-09 02:17 PM
    I believe if I understand correctly, putting it on 1XEV will keep it from searching for other gsm & hspa networks. It can save a bit of battery life. Now if you were traveling, then of course, change it to global.
    This is correct.

I will not be overseas anytime soon and will not need it to search for any GSM or HSPA networks therefore I selected "1XEV" to keep it from doing so.
    07-14-09 02:23 PM
    how do you switch between global and 1XEV?
    07-14-09 02:23 PM
    how do you switch between global and 1XEV?
    Go to "Manage Connections" then select "Mobile Network Options" and change "Network Technology" from Global to 1XEV.
    07-14-09 02:27 PM
    I tried that and didn't notice a difference, although many others reported that it did help.
    updating your PRL via *228 opt2 wont work unless you're in your home SID (generally) you have to be getting signal from a vzw tower.
    07-14-09 02:35 PM
    updating your PRL via *228 opt2 wont work unless you're in your home SID (generally) you have to be getting signal from a vzw tower.
    You'll have to pardon my ignorance on the subject (I'm new to all this)... but how can I be sure that I'm in my home SID and am getting a signal from a Verizon tower? Thanks!
    07-14-09 03:43 PM
    Mine sayz "Press on your non-touchscreen screen here" ??
    07-14-09 03:45 PM
    Could someone elaborate on this. By traveling do you mean outside the US, or within the US as well?

I do travel regularly across two midwestern states but am not a globe trotter.

My current home + rural home I travel to regularly is in "Verizon Wireless and AT&T Network Overlap" area according to VZW Broadband/3G Network Comparison map.

Instead of default setting Global, would 1XEV be a better Network Technology setting since that's what primarily shows on my phone anyway?

Appreciate any input on this.
    07-15-09 06:40 PM
    im on 1XEV. works fine.
    07-15-09 07:42 PM
    Thank you, I changed my setting, will just leave mine set at that, see how it goes.
    07-15-09 08:31 PM
    You'll have to pardon my ignorance on the subject (I'm new to all this)... but how can I be sure that I'm in my home SID and am getting a signal from a Verizon tower? Thanks!
    I'll answer this since this guy decided to spit some tech lingo then dip. To put it simply, if you're roaming, you can't do the *228 update. To know if you're on a VZW tower, go to manage connections, and your Mobile Network will say Verizon... Otherwise it will likely say Extended Network
    07-16-09 03:31 AM
    Could someone elaborate on this. By traveling do you mean outside the US, or within the US as well?

I do travel regularly across two midwestern states but am not a globe trotter.

My current home + rural home I travel to regularly is in "Verizon Wireless and AT&T Network Overlap" area according to VZW Broadband/3G Network Comparison map.

Instead of default setting Global, would 1XEV be a better Network Technology setting since that's what primarily shows on my phone anyway?

Appreciate any input on this.
    *228 Whenever you relocate in the US to update your phone. Then when you go home *228 again.

1XEV is the setting in the United States using sprint or verizon or else your phone is wasting battery looking for GSM towers.
    07-16-09 05:57 AM
    I switched mine from Global to 1XEV but am still having some connection concerns - my Tour spends 90% of it's time as "1X".
    Don't feel too bad, I'm at 1X 100% of the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 06:08 AM
    *228 Whenever you relocate in the US to update your phone. Then when you go home *228 again.

1XEV is the setting in the United States using sprint or verizon or else your phone is wasting battery looking for GSM towers.
    So are you saying that the best setting is to keep it on 1XEV while here in the US??

07-16-09 07:14 AM
    for those of you who want to conserve battery power then yes keep it set to 1X. the antenna will not look for other services...
    07-16-09 07:18 AM
    So are you saying that the best setting is to keep it on 1XEV while here in the US??

When set on Global its going to look for other signals, not just the 1XEV. By turning global off, it doesnt look for any other networks.
    07-16-09 07:20 AM

Thank you! I always do *228 when I hit the road for the farm, but never did it when I got back here. I have my phone on 1XEV now. If I get lucky and get to go overseas I'll switch it back to Global.

Appreciate the clarification!
    07-16-09 08:06 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD