and i still want to use it for verizon can i still use all the feature like it just came out the box?
    11-11-09 05:54 PM
    I unlocked my phone so that I can use it in a different country. When use it for verizon ( if thats your carrier) you can still use with all the capabilities.
    11-11-09 05:58 PM
    Unlocking the phone does nothing but allow the phone to support a different SIM card from the GSM carrier of your choosing. It does nothing to the CDMA capabilities of the phone so yes it still works for Verizon, and yes your Verizon/Vodaphone sim cars also still works. You just have more choices. There are absolutely NO drawbacks to unlocking your phone.
    11-11-09 06:27 PM
    However, if the Tour was originally from a carrier other than Verizon, you will not be able to use it on Verizon.
    11-11-09 06:34 PM
    However, if the Tour was originally from a carrier other than Verizon, you will not be able to use it on Verizon.
    Yep, but from the use of the word "still" I took it to mean the OP had a Verizon Tour. Thanks for clarifying anyway :-)
    11-11-09 06:37 PM
    Try your unlock Tour with Tmobile SIM card? Good luck
    11-11-09 06:50 PM
    Sorry to hijack this post but I think my question takes it one step further. I have an unlocked VZW Tour on BIS and a work ATT Curve on BES. I know I can put my work ATT SIM card in the Tour to make calls (tried it and it works) and I can swap back and forth between ATT and VZW networks, but my question is; can I also connect to my work BES while using the ATT network and essentially have 2 fully functioning BB's on one device that I control with the Network Setting and keep BES separate/independent from BIS??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 12:47 AM
    Sorry to hijack this post but I think my question takes it one step further. I have an unlocked VZW Tour on BIS and a work ATT Curve on BES. I know I can put my work ATT SIM card in the Tour to make calls (tried it and it works) and I can swap back and forth between ATT and VZW networks, but my question is; can I also connect to my work BES while using the ATT network and essentially have 2 fully functioning BB's on one device that I control with the Network Setting and keep BES separate/independent from BIS??

I don't think so but I'm not a BES expert.
    11-12-09 02:30 AM
    Thanks, I'm thinking I'm out of luck and will have to continue to carry 2 BBs. From what I can gather (my assumptions) from searching other forums/posts is that data is controlled by service books, not by a SIM card.

Does anyone know if 1 device can accommodate service books from multiple carriers at the same time?

11-13-09 08:49 AM
    Correct its by the sim card actually. You can have BIS on Verizon but when the AT&T sim card in there your BES will be on there. Just makes for a very confusing time.
    11-13-09 11:15 AM
    Thanks! I've installed the AT&T sim card again, but it looks like I'll need to set up BES for the device to activate it and I have other obstacles with that.

11-14-09 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD