I am having some issues with my BlackBerry Tour, and I'd like to wipe it and start over, but will that alter my PIN? I have I have BerryWeather and Aerize on it, and I don't want to have to buy them again.
    10-29-09 09:14 PM
    no, PIN is device specific and will not change.
    10-29-09 09:22 PM
    Wiping your phone will not alter your PIN ...... wipe away !!
    10-29-09 09:22 PM
    Don't forget to do a backup first. Not for your PIN, but for other stuff.
    10-29-09 09:25 PM
    Awesome, thanks for the help, guys.

Oh, does it reset my carrier info? Or will I still be connected and whatnot?
    10-29-09 09:25 PM
    Doesn't affect phone. Not sure about BIS, but on the BES, I have to activate the user again after a wipe.
    10-29-09 09:27 PM
    What do you mean by activate user? Is that difficult?
    10-29-09 09:29 PM
    On the BES server, its the way to connect the device with the user's exchange email account. Its fairly simple, most of the time.
    10-29-09 11:25 PM
    most of the time you just plug it into your computer with your outlook, right? (to connect back with exchange)..
    10-29-09 11:33 PM
    I've never done that. Are you talking about a personal BB or a work BB? I was referring to a work device connected to a Blackberry Enterprise Server. I generally use the wireless activation.
    10-29-09 11:57 PM
    I've never done that. Are you talking about a personal BB or a work BB? I was referring to a work device connected to a Blackberry Enterprise Server. I generally use the wireless activation.
    i was talking about BES, and i thought that i have heard that that is a way to do it.. im not sure about how its done, thats why i was asking.. not too familiar with BES.
    10-30-09 12:06 AM
    I'm not familiar with doing it that way, but I have read it also. I assumed they were talking about a personal BB. I have connected some BBs to the BES and assigned the device that way to activate.

Now that I think about it, when I plug other people's BBs into my PC to update, DM says "Your mail profile is associated with PIN: XXXXXX and would you like to switch to device XXXXXX?" or something to that effect so maybe that would work. It reminded me of the old Desktop Redirector setup so I always avoided it.
    10-30-09 12:29 AM
    10-30-09 12:33 AM
    You did not take time out of your day to do that did you? I mean, really?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 05:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD