I am very happy with the coverage I get with VZW except when I'm at work. It's just a bad VZW signal inside. However our building is wired for T-Mobile.

So what I was thinking of doing is buying a prepaid T-Mobile SIM and on days when I need to get my data while at work (long meetings in the middle of the building where I have no coverage) I could switch over to that network.

Would getting a pre-paid T-Mobile SIM enable me to do this? I guess I'm not understanding the data side of it. I don't need an ongoing monthly data access plan. More of an "on occasion" type of thing.
    Last edited by French; 07-16-09 at 06:24 PM.
    07-16-09 12:41 PM
    U will not have data. Just voice and it will be the TMOBILE number and will have to change a few of yoru settings and unlock your phone.
    07-16-09 12:42 PM
    So what is all the stuff I've read about using an ATT or T-Mobile SIM in unlocked Tour and Storm would be 2G rather than 3G. I thought that was in reference to data speeds.
    07-16-09 12:47 PM
    tmo pre-paid, like the vast majoirty of prepaid sims, does not include data..

a regular monthly plan however would..

So what is all the stuff I've read about using an ATT or T-Mobile SIM in unlocked Tour and Storm would be 2G rather than 3G. I thought that was in reference to data speeds.
    07-16-09 04:46 PM
    Thank you. I think now is when I'm regretting going with a vzw work issued bb rather than t-mobile. Sounds like I could have put the t-mobile SIM in the Tour and gotten exactly what I was trying to accomplish.

Bummer.

I'm kind of surprised SIM cards haven't evolved into being available for phone, data, and phone AND data. Seems like there is a market for it.
    07-16-09 06:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD