Hi...i wnat to go today andd get the Tour from Verizon...BUT I am so afraid of the muffled sound, trackball, bluetooth issues...seems that even people who got the phone this month are still reporting issues...should I be concerned or just go for it????? Thanks
    10-24-09 08:52 AM
    I'm like you. I'm going to go with it I think. Though I am not getting it from the Verizon store, I am doing it through the website, since they take off the rebates and I don't have to deal with Mail in Rebates (i hate them). The stores wont match their own site which is by far stupid. So whenever I order it, and I hope it doesn't have issues...If it does though, it's instantly going back to verizon and they will be giving me a brand new phone whether they like it or not. I pay $100 for a phone, it damn well better work how it is made to work.
    10-24-09 08:59 AM
    i bought a tour this week and i have not had any problems, if that makes you guys feel any better.
    and btw letstalk .com has bb tours for verizon for free with qualified plans.
    10-24-09 09:06 AM
    Hi...i wnat to go today andd get the Tour from Verizon...BUT I am so afraid of the muffled sound, trackball, bluetooth issues...seems that even people who got the phone this month are still reporting issues...should I be concerned or just go for it????? Thanks
    yes, problems have been corrected by RIM... that does not mean though that the phone is flawless though. Like anything ever made in this world, there are still going to be problems with anything and everything. Nothign in this world is perfact including cell phones.
    10-24-09 09:22 AM
    The one issue that is NOT resolved on VZW is the bluetooth issue. They need to put out a software update! How many people are returning this phone because it doesn't work with their headset or car?
    10-24-09 02:27 PM
    the bluetooth is software for sure. some of the 5.0's still have issues though....hopefully the next releasae will fix this.
    10-24-09 03:48 PM
    I'm like you. I'm going to go with it I think. Though I am not getting it from the Verizon store, I am doing it through the website, since they take off the rebates and I don't have to deal with Mail in Rebates (i hate them). The stores wont match their own site which is by far stupid. So whenever I order it, and I hope it doesn't have issues...If it does though, it's instantly going back to verizon and they will be giving me a brand new phone whether they like it or not. I pay $100 for a phone, it damn well better work how it is made to work.

how do you think I feel I paid 500 for it and have a refurb..
    10-24-09 04:05 PM
    I'm currently waiting on tour #5. And this is 2 phones after the phone has been "fixed". I for one am getting fed up with this BS of QC RIM claims they have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-09 04:09 PM
    I still like my Tour (2 weeks old today, first time BB user), but unfortunately have the trackball issue. It is "loose" feeling in the "pocket" or whatever you call it. It goes back Monday when we upgrade our son's phone to a Tour also. Husband has same phone, no problem, HE however, uses his far less than I do. i'm always attached to the thing LOL! I think I'm going to shut off alerts for Email and Facebook so I don't keep looking at them and using trackball on the next phone, certainly will help with wear and tear! It IS an awesome device, but I have no other smartphone to compare it to!
    10-24-09 05:43 PM
    I got mine about 3 days ago and it's been glued to my hand. Thankfully, no issues over hurr. It hangs up for a second or two once in a blue moon but nothing compared to the lag I experienced with the storm. Overall, I'm totally pleased and look forward to the updates that are going to make it even more enjoyable! I hope this helps
    10-24-09 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD