Well.. i'm due in for an upgrade early next year with sprint, so I'm thinking about holding off for the essex but my Curve is starting to slow down on me.. I'm VERY tempted to pick up a Tour off craigslist and use that until the birth of the essex but I hear about track ball this and track ball that.. would I be an ***** to buy a tour 2nd hand?

EDIT: heh.. also, I noticed my current phone on here says "tour".. it's not, it's a curve.. how odd. Must have been wishful thinking as I was signing up here.
    11-12-09 10:00 PM
    you might wanna check the marketplace forums on this site

a lot of people change phones like underwear here, so theres a good chance you can get a nice mint tour

you can always walk into a sprint store with the tour if theres problems

there struggling to hold customers, so they will take care of your problems if you have them

so yes, buy one
    11-12-09 10:31 PM
    Buy the Tour, because Sprint is always slow on getting new phones. So just enjoy the tour until the next four years when Sprint decides to say, "Hey! waddayaknow?! They made a Tour 2!"
    11-12-09 11:11 PM
    thanks guys.. I just worry about what would happen if i had a tour without a warranty and my track ball fails..

what does sprint usually charge for something like that?
    11-13-09 02:40 PM
    I'd just remove anything you don't need, backup your stuff, wipe the 8330, and reload (possibly shrinking the OS first).

Hold off for the 8530 or the essex. You're already used to the 320x240 so the 8530 is more viable than for most.
    11-13-09 02:43 PM
    u could always replace the trackball yourself if it failed
    11-13-09 02:53 PM
    u could always replace the trackball yourself if it failed
    True, seems like you can purchase a replacement trackball/housing for $10.00

is this a difficult task? I know it doesn't have the same type of build as the curve.
    11-13-09 03:07 PM
    Just make sure that the Tour you are buying is a "green dot" tour meaning that is was manufactured with the trackball fix. Any Tour manufactured after 8/19/09 I beleive has the fix and the box has a green circle sticker on the side where all of the phone info is (esn, pin, etc.)

I bought one off of ebay and all is well.
    11-13-09 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD