Alright, I was due for an upgrade April 1st, I purchased the Palm Pre, but the phone feels very cheaply made and the novelty is starting to wear off. Listening to Pandora for 1 hour also drops my battery life to 50% (from a full charge)

I use my phone mainly for text messaging, some email (3 email accounts) and phone calls.

The apps I use are Facebook, Pandora & Solitaire (game)

Should I switch over? I am within my 30 day return policy.. I hear they are discontinuing the Tour... why is that? I am with sprint by the way, I have another 2 weeks before my 30 day runs out..

Does Ymail work BB? I ask this because my Samsung Intrepid did not pick it up (WinMo).. palm pre does..
    04-11-10 06:10 PM
    I run Yahoo Email and Yahoo Messenger on Tour just fine. Battery Life is real good in comparison to what you described. Tour is being replaced by the 9650 Bold in a couple of months or so, so you can pick up a Sprint� Tour pretty inexpensively. They are currently $29.99 on upgrade through Let's Talk at WalMart.com.

Pandora has a shortcut for BlackBerry on it, Solitaire is available through CrackBerry App store or BlackBerry App World. Yahoo Email 'pushes' to your BlackBerry once registered. It doesn't waste energy polling, your BlackBerry becomes a proxy server for your messages. You can even delete unwanted messages in your box from the BlackBerry device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 04-11-10 at 06:34 PM.
    04-11-10 06:18 PM
    Their discontinuing the Tour because it will be replaced by another. Nothing due to it being crap. YMail may or may not work. If it didn't work on your WM device, it will more than likely not work for your BlackBerry either. You can easily contact YMail and ask if they allow polling from a BlackBerry device for your email account.
    04-11-10 06:20 PM
    It works on your BB with no problem i have 4 email accounts and they all work great...I used sprint for sometime and then went to Big red....Good luck...
    04-11-10 06:35 PM
    I have been reading about a new softer trackball in the tours, is that true? is it on sprint as well? How will I know if my Tour has the new OS loaded up ?

Also, One thing I love about the Pre, is the fact that all my Facebook friends are automatically synced to my address book as well as their emails.. Can the BB do this?
    04-11-10 06:40 PM
    Alright, I was due for an upgrade April 1st, I purchased the Palm Pre, but the phone feels very cheaply made and the novelty is starting to wear off. Listening to Pandora for 1 hour also drops my battery life to 50% (from a full charge)

I use my phone mainly for text messaging, some email (3 email accounts) and phone calls.

The apps I use are Facebook, Pandora & Solitaire (game)

Should I switch over? I am within my 30 day return policy.. I hear they are discontinuing the Tour... why is that? I am with sprint by the way, I have another 2 weeks before my 30 day runs out..

Does Ymail work BB? I ask this because my Samsung Intrepid did not pick it up (WinMo).. palm pre does..
    yea i have my ymail accounts working on my BB, and yes you can sync your facebook contacts with ur bb through the facebook app, the tour 2 is coming out in july/august ish so the tour is being discontinued in june (bascially just stopping production) the tour will still be available for years to come though
    Last edited by skunkd; 04-11-10 at 06:52 PM.
    04-11-10 06:48 PM
    Go for the 9700
    The best now!
    04-11-10 08:57 PM
    I think the biggest issue to look into is that you're feeling it's cheaply made already. Unless you are into changing phones out before contract end, you're locked into that phone for 1 or 2 years. If the phone doesn't feel well built, and the "novelty has worn off" in under 30 days, how will you like it in 6 months?

I'd say take advantage of that 30 day policy and try out some other phones.
    Last edited by Mr.Monty; 04-12-10 at 11:26 PM.
    04-11-10 09:08 PM
    as far as the battery life...idk i take public transportation home...give or take 1.5hrs. and my pre is still going strong atleast at 85% from full charge. im assuming you havent updated your pre which provides a **** of alot better battery life. all of this said i am switching back to BB very soon.
    04-12-10 06:59 PM
    I actually went the other way, from a Tour to a Pre. The one thing that I miss about the Tour is the battery life, but I enjoy everything else about the Pre. But if you're unhappy, then give the BB a try and see how you like it. The only thing about Sprint is they allow one exchange during that initial period, so if you switch to the BB, it's for good. You may be able to completely return the BB if you don't like it and then purchase something else, but I haven't actually tried this so I dunno if it'll work.
    04-13-10 09:26 AM
    I have been reading about a new softer trackball in the tours, is that true? is it on sprint as well? How will I know if my Tour has the new OS loaded up ?

Also, One thing I love about the Pre, is the fact that all my Facebook friends are automatically synced to my address book as well as their emails.. Can the BB do this?
    I got a new Tour on Sprint a few weeks ago. Its the normal hard track ball. OS 4.7 loaded on it, but you can easely upgrade after you get it. It works excellent for me
    04-13-10 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD