I just happened to be near a sprint store today while shopping and started to check out the Tour. Of course a half hour later they had my Pearl 8130 to transfer contacts and the rest is history.

Now from what I remember of the Pearl when I first bought it, I had to erase pictures that were preloaded on it. Is this an easy process, or is there a workaround similar to the way I had to erase them from my Pearl.

Also what else needs to be erased to free up some more memory. I see brickbreaker is on there again, so I will be dumping that as well.

Any tips and tricks that I need to know about? I am sure there is a link here somewhere, but everything is overwhelming, I do not know where to start.
    12-16-09 04:01 PM
    Why would you dump brickbreaker. I play that game about 2 hours out of my day. Is the best time killer ever while at work. Anyways, I don't remember having any preloaded pictures on my Tour. As far as what you can dump, anything that you personally are not going to use. Such as I will never get rid of brickbreaker but you are. dump what you want and keep what you want.
    12-16-09 04:22 PM
    Why would you dump brickbreaker. I play that game about 2 hours out of my day. Is the best time killer ever while at work. Anyways, I don't remember having any preloaded pictures on my Tour. As far as what you can dump, anything that you personally are not going to use. Such as I will never get rid of brickbreaker but you are. dump what you want and keep what you want.
    there are preloaded pictures, they cant be deleted (atleast not normally), i checked
    12-16-09 04:51 PM
    there are preloaded pictures, they cant be deleted (atleast not normally), i checked
    They can be easily deleted, just not by using the device. I use CrackMem to remove the preloaded images, which are huge in size by the way...
    12-16-09 04:54 PM
    I've got about a dozen sample pics on my Tour, didn't know you could dump them, however I don't think I'll ever dump any games.
    12-16-09 04:56 PM
    They can be easily deleted, just not by using the device. I use CrackMem to remove the preloaded images, which are huge in size by the way...
    okok, what's crackmem
    12-16-09 04:57 PM
    I assume this is a small program to use. I forgot how I deleted them from my Pearl, but I know it wasn't an easy process. Thanks for the advice!

I also had a program on my Pearl called QuickPull. Basically what it did was do a battery pull for you without taking out the battery. Is this necessary for the Tour?
    12-16-09 04:57 PM
    I assume this is a small program to use. I forgot how I deleted them from my Pearl, but I know it wasn't an easy process. Thanks for the advice!

I also had a program on my Pearl called QuickPull. Basically what it did was do a battery pull for you without taking out the battery. Is this necessary for the Tour?
    Not really, you have double the memory of the Storm 1. If you had a Pearl or an 8310 or 8320 Curve, then yes.

Here is CrackMem http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...light=crackmem
    12-16-09 05:01 PM
    Thanks! Now if I could just figure out how to get rid of the key beeps while dialing the phone.
    12-16-09 05:05 PM
    Options - screen/keyboard - key tone - off
    12-16-09 06:04 PM
    Options - screen/keyboard - key tone - off

It is off and it still beeps.
    12-16-09 06:15 PM
    Ohhhhhhh, then its broke. Lol. JK, but really, IDK then
    12-16-09 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD