Do you have to be an employee? Did I just hear wrong?
    07-31-09 11:18 AM
    I know that we (my company) use to have TEP for $4.00, however after our contract ended and we renewed, it went to $7.00. I believe that you can still get service and repair on your phone for $4.00, however not sure if Sprint is still giving out the $4.00 TEP.
    07-31-09 11:21 AM
    Sorry I just figured it out, there is a $4 version of the insurance. Seems better to me than the $7 one. The $4 doesn't cover wear and tear or mechanical failures. But it does cover liquid and losing it.
    07-31-09 11:49 AM
    I don't believe that anyone can get TEP for $4 anymore. However there is a different $4 plan available. I'll break 'em both down to the best of my knowledge...

The $4 plan is called ESRP (Equipment Service and Repair). This covers any normal service or repairs your phone may need. However things like wear and tear, loss, theft, damage... etc isn't covered.

The $7 plan is the TEP (Total Equipment Protection). This plan includes the $4 ESRP coverage as well as additional coverage for loss, theft, negligence, water damage... etc. Essentially it's full coverage for your phone. However, if the phone needs replacement through Asurion, there is a deductible to pay. Most dummy phones have a $50 deductible, and it's $100 for smartphones.

The $7/mo is totally worth it. Yeah, you have to pay a deductible for a replacement phone... but it's better than paying retail for a new one
    07-31-09 12:28 PM
    ^^^There is one more plan that you didn't cover. It is a $4 that ONLY covers loss, theft, or damage. It doesn't cover repairs and normal wear and tear.

Plan 1 = $4 wear and tear repair
    Plan 2 = $4 loss, theft, damage replacment
    Plan 3 = #7 all of the above is covered
    07-31-09 12:30 PM
    I have the $7 TEP, but know for a fact that there are SOC codes that allow you to have the same TEP for $4 and others were able to add it to their plan.
    07-31-09 12:33 PM
    What is an SEC code?
    07-31-09 12:34 PM
    I have the $7 TEP, but know for a fact that there are SOC codes that allow you to have the same TEP for $4 and others were able to add it to their plan.
    Yes there is a SOC code for 4$ TEP but don't expect anyone on this forum to have the slightest clue what that means since they all mostly seem to be cell phone illiterate. Also the SOC code doesn't work for SERO customers. PM me for more info.
    07-31-09 12:42 PM
    Yes there is a SOC code for 4$ TEP but don't expect anyone on this forum to have the slightest clue what that means since they all mostly seem to be cell phone illiterate. Also the SOC code doesn't work for SERO customers. PM me for more info.
    PM sent - but I am on SERO
    07-31-09 01:44 PM
    What is an SOC code? (I am cell phone illiterate.)
    07-31-09 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD