Heres the dilemma:

I have a family plan with 4 different lines on it. Right now i have a blackberry world edition 8830 that im using and my contract isnt up for another year or so. My mom, who likes her phone, has graciously allowed me to use her upgrade that she is eligible. My plan was to use her upgrade to buy the blackberry tour, and then activate it on my number and not hers. I can do this, right? And if i buy it on that line, that line doesnt HAVE to have the blackberry data plan, right???

Thanks!
    07-11-09 02:20 PM
    Yes you can use her upgrade and then have the number changed to yours and no you do not have to have a data plan on that line as long as you have a data plan on your line.
    07-11-09 02:29 PM
    That line will have to have a blackberry plan on it to activate the tour when it comes. After you activate it, switch it to your line and place your mom's phone back on her line. You can switch the lines on My Verizon or just call them and tell you you tried to switch online if that does work. The blackberry plan will drop when your mom's phone is placed on the line. So you should be in the clear. I did it recently for a new blackberry.
    07-11-09 02:29 PM
    okay phew, so i wont have to pay anything extra in regards to plans right?

since i already have a blackberry on this line and my moms line will not have a blackberry so it shouldnt change?

also im going into the store to do it so hopefully the REP who deals with me can straighten it all out!
    07-11-09 02:32 PM
    Have them process an alternate upgrade. Basically that just uses your moms line for the discount and renews her line but everythin gets activated on yours. Only thing affected on her line is the contract dates

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD