Just upgraded from Curve 8330 to Tour 9630. Is there any way to put the app icons on the home screen (like the 8330?). That was sure handy. Also, my Facebook icon is MIA. I tried to redownload and it says I already have it (but where?). The app icons are great for newbies; I'm having trouble sorting through the file folders on the 9630. Most important, when I sync with Outlook, I keep skipping contacts (first only one, then 4, now 7), and the "view log" is so long it doesn't seem to actually tell which ones are skipped. I went to BB site & it just mentioned wireless sync (which I didn't even know about). I did hire a computer firm to help me set this up, a $500 fee later and I still have these issues! I would appreciate any and all DETAILED (remember, I'm a newbie) advice. Thank you very much from Iowa.
    08-04-09 06:08 PM
    yes just move them out of downloads and move them to the top. The top 5 icons are what will be shown on the home screen.
    08-04-09 06:11 PM
    Facebook app should be in your applications folder. Hit the bb key from the home screen and thumbwheel to the aplication folder. You're only allowed 6 icons on the home screen. But if you want something there, highlight what you want, hit the bb key, select move to folder, then pick home. After that, find the app, highlight and press bb key and select move. Now scroll it to top row icons or wherever you want it. That should help with the first questions.

I don't use outlook for email so I can't say about that. I'd recommend trying the desktop manager software that comes with the bb, that might be your ticket there. Good luck and enjoy your new tour!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 06:21 PM
    Facebook icon is in the applications folder

08-04-09 06:21 PM
    Just upgraded from Curve 8330 to Tour 9630. Is there any way to put the app icons on the home screen (like the 8330?). That was sure handy. Also, my Facebook icon is MIA. I tried to redownload and it says I already have it (but where?). The app icons are great for newbies; I'm having trouble sorting through the file folders on the 9630. Most important, when I sync with Outlook, I keep skipping contacts (first only one, then 4, now 7), and the "view log" is so long it doesn't seem to actually tell which ones are skipped. I went to BB site & it just mentioned wireless sync (which I didn't even know about). I did hire a computer firm to help me set this up, a $500 fee later and I still have these issues! I would appreciate any and all DETAILED (remember, I'm a newbie) advice. Thank you very much from Iowa.
    app icons from where? if from your download folder then yes you just need to highlight the icon and press the blackberry menu key and move to folder and home.

facebook may be in your applications folder or hidden. press the blackberry icon from your home screen and go to to applications folder to check, or you can click show all and it should show you all icons you have hidden and you can choose which to show, which to hide.

and $500? scary.
    08-04-09 06:23 PM
    Really?? for me it's in downloads folder as are almost every other app I get. You should download app world and get the facebook app from there, I think it's the newest version.

Just remember, the top icons are what will go on your home screen.
    08-04-09 06:24 PM
    vzw tours have facebook, flickr, and myspace loaded in the app folder, but if it was downloaded then yes it would be in download folder.

08-04-09 06:29 PM
    yea i did get alittle thrown off for a second when i tried to transfer weatherberry to my home screen since from what i remember on my curve after youd highlight it to move if gave you an up arrow of move out option as now on the tour you have to choose move to folder and then select home.....IDK did any1 else notice this?
    08-04-09 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD